Sonible frei:raum

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
frei:raum

audiosabre wrote:Take a look at their team. One of them has a name to die for 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

audiosabre wrote:Take a look at their team. One of them has a name to die for 8)
"Wankhammer"...Just needs a couple umlauts and its a great name for a metal band. :clap:

Is Elton John using this?

Naenyn wrote:That's quite the price tag.
it's so nibble?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Neon Breath wrote:Is Elton John using this?
at that price ?? absolutely :ud:

I'm looking forward to the demo.

With this price tug I could simply rent an appropriate location, some cool equipment and re-track my whole band to get whatever sound I’m after….I could also buy Elton John’s glasses…
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

With this price tug I could simply rent an appropriate location, some cool equipment and re-track my whole band to get whatever sound I’m after
Then it is extraordinary cheap to do this wherever you live :lol:
Over here we could rent a studio for two days without engineer or equipment for this price.

I find no reason to justify the price of frei:raum, for what it offers.
You can get a full featured DAW for this amount of money.

Ok, it is a startup company with high-end ambitions and maybe these three highly educated engineers try to pay their bills with their sales.
Who knows?

But...
It remains a great tool to save time, money (in some cases) and it offers great results.
I only can repeat my recommendation to watch the three videos on their website.

399 bucks for a product presented with utterly bland and cheesy stock imagery. Furthermore, if it's for Pro - what's the smart fast fix thing good for?

Something's a bit strange to me here...
aka rktic. demoscener, sound designer, ux-dude, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

Ronny Pries wrote:399 bucks for a product presented with utterly bland and cheesy stock imagery. Furthermore, if it's for Pro - what's the smart fast fix thing good for?

Something's a bit strange to me here...

I have no idea what you even mean with "utterly bland and cheesy stock imagery" - care to enlighten us?

The smart fix thing is to save time of course - something the pros often lack while the hobbyists tend to have loads of it.

This product is most obviously absolutely unique, revolutionary and extremely helpful. I think you can compare it with Melodyne in a way, which was f**king expensive too when it first appeared (and actually still is, if you purchase it from their site).

You guys just don't get it - but it's you! ;)

Mark my words: this thing/company will get huge.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

The smart fix thing is to save time of course - something the pros often lack while the hobbyists tend to have loads of it.

This product is most obviously absolutely unique, revolutionary and extremely helpful. I think you can compare it with Melodyne in a way, which was f**king expensive too when it first appeared (and actually still is, if you purchase it from their site).

You guys just don't get it - but it's you! ;)

Mark my words: this thing/company will get huge.
Yep!
Finally one guy here who understands the potential of this plugin.

Thank you, Jens
You gave me back some hope for this place ;)

:-)

What I find both funny and a bit sad at the same time is that both KVR and Gearslutz are ridiculous for opposing reasons - here the wannabe-knowitall rookies, there the Pro snobs ...

without having looked, I predict that this thing generates quite a wave over there. But so does loads of super expensive crap.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:I have no idea what you even mean with "utterly bland and cheesy stock imagery" - care to enlighten us?
That kid which looks like it escaped from "back to the future" with some set items. A grandpa in cliché wannabe DJ pose behind shellac decks. Plus two random shots of a guitar and a concert hall.

Maybe i just don't get this kind of humor. For sure it doesn't set my first impression to "expect quality". Neither do the perspectively distorted, lofi-images spread over the entire site. The feature descriptions remind me about detergent ads. Complete lack of any facts.

I don't doubt the product might be a struck of genius. But this online presense fails to sell it to me.
Last edited by Ronny Pries on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
aka rktic. demoscener, sound designer, ux-dude, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

Personally I find their website very professional looking - and very fitting. I guess it's a matter of taste. But anyway:
they're not selling graphics software or so.

jens wrote:they're not selling graphics software or so.
No, but Quality. And that doesn't get through to me. And yes, maybe just me.

Return to “Effects”