All good things come to those who wait.. the Synth Squad 2 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amber (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad)

Burillo wrote:i thought FXPansion never did early announcements and teasers... :-)
Maby because they toke a good example from how Uhe do things. The product will much better if they creat it with comunity together. And if they do opend beta testing product will be much more polished and less bugs! And actually i do not see other way how companys should work!!! It is not a military production that u need to keep in secret what u develop or what are u feature plans!
https://слово-божье.рф

Anybody know what the lowest price going for these is and where?

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Wow! I went to go put up a WTB post in the marketplace to see if I could grab somebody who bought synth squad on impulse during the 99 dollar sale, but due to the large transfer fee there is no real way to make that work out beneficially for me and the seller. So consider this a bump to my above question. What is the lowest price these synths can be had for currently?

Ah_Dziz wrote:Wow! I went to go put up a WTB post in the marketplace to see if I could grab somebody who bought synth squad on impulse during the 99 dollar sale, but due to the large transfer fee there is no real way to make that work out beneficially for me and the seller. So consider this a bump to my above question. What is the lowest price these synths can be had for currently?
$165 at AudioDeluxe.

Ah_Dziz wrote:Wow! I went to go put up a WTB post in the marketplace to see if I could grab somebody who bought synth squad on impulse during the 99 dollar sale, but due to the large transfer fee there is no real way to make that work out beneficially for me and the seller. So consider this a bump to my above question. What is the lowest price these synths can be had for currently?
I got it for 99$ lol :)

FxPansion has occasional sales but you have to check places like JRR Shop and other online retailers , can't remember which ones though. I picked it up for £69. So yeah selling it isn't really worthwhile so it's just as well they're quality plugins. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I found it for a hundred bucks. It's good stuff. I can't really imagine what they could be adding for a version 2. I guess having them better optimized at extreme oversampling settings would be nice for cypher and having use of the effects without having to use fusor would be awesome since those effects are pretty great, but the fusor framework seems kind of useless for my style of working. Gonna crack open the manual to see what some of these modulation options mean.

Ah_Dziz wrote:I found it for a hundred bucks. It's good stuff. I can't really imagine what they could be adding for a version 2. I guess having them better optimized at extreme oversampling settings would be nice for cypher and having use of the effects without having to use fusor would be awesome since those effects are pretty great, but the fusor framework seems kind of useless for my style of working.
Maybe different BBD emulations for Amber, but not much more. Softsynths don't really need FX when you have them available via DAW.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I don't know. The effects in fusor are far from the run of the mill stuff you can easily replace in your DAW. Having a set of really creative effects integrated into a synth with their parameters available for modulation opens some great avenues for sound design. For instance, the way the effects are implemented in zebra and the Melda power synth allow for amazing expressive use of some pretty out there effects. I just don't like having to load up a different plugin that's basically a subhost to achieve that. If the effects are going to be integrated into the patch I'd personally prefer to have them on hand in the synth itself.

JJ

chilly7 - you can't run Fusor on a 2013 MacPro..? Which OS? Is this for reasons of high CPU load, or it won't start?

Softsynths need FX when they can be Transmoded from synth engine 8) and of course it helps the patch designers too. Even quite plain stuff like EQ is useful in that context.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Any chance for some more audio demos? I'm really looking forward to the updates!

Angus_FX wrote:chilly7 - you can't run Fusor on a 2013 MacPro..? Which OS? Is this for reasons of high CPU load, or it won't start?
I wrote about this bug a while a go on FXpansion forum but there was no responce to it.

When i run Fusor it does not produce any sound. I think the problem might be that it does not send midi massages to synths. In keymap i selcted destination synth 1.
I use Studio One v2 Pro. And Yosesmith OSX

electro wrote:Maybe different BBD emulations for Amber, but not much more. Softsynths don't really need FX when you have them available via DAW.
When I was manually converting Andromeda patches to Cypher patches, I had to use Fusor because most of the Andromeda's sounds are so incredibly effects-laden. Once Cypher 2 comes out, I'll probably give it another go.

Ah_Dziz wrote:I found it for a hundred bucks. It's good stuff. I can't really imagine what they could be adding for a version 2. I guess having them better optimized at extreme oversampling settings would be nice for cypher and having use of the effects without having to use fusor would be awesome since those effects are pretty great, but the fusor framework seems kind of useless for my style of working. Gonna crack open the manual to see what some of these modulation options mean.
i don't know if you can get it if you sign up but there's a synth squad webinar on Warp Academy that goes in depth with Fusor and the transmod system with Myagi. But i have to be honest i don't use it that much for sound design. The Fxpansion quich tips videos are worth a watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRPkjrL ... 4536B50358

:)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

electro wrote: Softsynths don't really need FX when you have them available via DAW.
depends on your DAW and if you can setup strips easily with macro controls for fx.

Personally I think a set of fx on a synth are really really useful. Makes it quicker to be creative. If you have better quality fx then all good, but I prefer to swap them out when mixing, not when creating.

Return to “Instruments”