Reason auth.......

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Currently, it's always tied to "online" but since the ISP is not totally reliable in my area, I was wondering about auth on a single computer w/o having to do that every time.

I've seen that it's possible. When I launch the propellerheads site, there is an icon that says "authorize" but in my searches I have not been able to establish that this is certain to be the case. Was wondering if anyone here had a clue.

thanks.
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Hibidy absolutely, just auth the computer - be warned, there are currently severe reliability issues with the propellerheads authoriser.. every time you try an RE or there is an update or demo has expired, it needs to go through an update process. It usually fails the first few times unfortunately, I have been going through hell with it for the last year and I am not the only one.

But what happens in that case if the update fails, it releases the license back into your cloud.

You can move your auth around at will, and that's pretty reliable. You are not stuck to one machine if you auth it.

I have a dongle authed, and a hard drive, and move them around if needed.

For some reason, downloading from their site or logging in is always reliable, so some of us believe there is a flaw with their one specific auth server tied to the codemeter when it is doing the updates. Whatever it is, it has been going on even since I first tried Reason 6, so three years.

Anyway the point is, if you have issues you don't lose your license.. I have had more issues than just about anyone (I had 116 failures to update in one day, 3 hrs of sitting on the same screen retyring, and my connection was in perfect health) and i haven't lost anything.

What will happen is you will see the authoriser going through a numerical percentage and failing at a certain point. Just ignore it and try again and it will eventually work.

Once you have your computer or dongle successfully authed for reason and RE's, launch is lightning fast.

hibidy wrote:Currently, it's always tied to "online" but since the ISP is not totally reliable in my area, I was wondering about auth on a single computer w/o having to do that every time.

I've seen that it's possible. When I launch the propellerheads site, there is an icon that says "authorize" but in my searches I have not been able to establish that this is certain to be the case. Was wondering if anyone here had a clue.

thanks.
So you bought it?! Congratulations (with envy of course!) 8) You will love the workflow when reading the manual especially that you have used S1 for a good deal. They share this smart and lovely workflow. Love them both :love:

Ok back to topic, I had some problems before but that was solved when I updated the Authorizer to the latest version. I'm in Windows btw.
So, check first the version and compare it with this one:
https://propellerheads.se/download/inde ... authorizer

I had my desktop authorized but I used online login with my laptop. I don't know if you can authorize two machines. I didn't try that.

I think it's only one.

Yes, I bought it. I couldn't be more shocked. I never thought music making was this easy.

hibidy wrote:
Yes, I bought it.
:shock:

hibidy wrote:I think it's only one.

Yes, I bought it. I couldn't be more shocked. I never thought music making was this easy.
I really love Reason. Have not messed with 8 much yet..

bluedad wrote:
hibidy wrote:
Yes, I bought it.
:shock:
It's all part of my evil diabolical plot to rule the world.

hibidy wrote:It's all part of my evil diabolical plot to rule the world.
I'm confused.... I thought you already did! :)
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
Without a "Reason" he couldn't!

:lol:

:tu:

EnGee wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
Without a "Reason" he couldn't!
:dog:

But!......
The dilemma...

He can't rule yet because it can't Rewire in Bitwig. :ud:

I actually stopped Rewire Reason from v6.5. Perfect as is.
So I guess... Yes, he can rule now.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Wait until next week......

It will be the mind blowingist mind blow of all mind blowing mind blows. (except that one time with Theo :hihi: )

If you're still having trouble with internet authorization there's still the USB Ignition (dongle) key:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ition-key/

It's not cheap at $50 US but is one way to be certain you won't be in demo mode without internet access.

Definitely on my possibility list, thanks!

hibidy wrote:Definitely on my possibility list, thanks!

not needed anymore since the hard drive can be used as an "ignition key".

It's only if you literally need to have a dongle to plug in and out of multiple machines that it maybe handy.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”