One Synth Challenge #71: Hive by u-he (Jasinski wins! 2+ hours of epic music)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, I want to congratulate to all by the works that share with us and to wish good luck them, i like so much the Hive i think that is a very flexibility tool with the little resources of cpu.

Host: Cubase with automation in a few lines (pan and volume)
hive: 22 tracks (1 instant of hive in 2 channels)
fx: only hive fx 63 times

Processors: all freeware

"roughride" audio damage
"upstereo" quikquak
"voxengo"

:tu:

Daniel Rueda wrote:hello, I want to congratulate to all by the works that share with us and to wish good luck them, i like so much the Hive i think that is a very flexibility tool with the little resources of cpu.

Host: Cubase with automation in a few lines (pan and volume)
hive: 22 tracks (1 instant of hive in 2 channels)
fx: only hive fx 63 times

Processors: all freeware

"roughride" audio damage
"upstereo" quikquak
"voxengo"

:tu:
No link to the track?

Hello how i can upload my track? thanks

Deleted!
Last edited by marks-a-whybikky on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hey
Dave Dove - Hive
Hive instances: 8
DAW: Ableton Live 9 suite
No presets used
FX used:
EQ8*2
Utility*8
Compressor*2 - sidechain to kick
Master chan:
EQ8, Glue, Limiter, Spectrum

https://soundcloud.com/reflektor-6n6p/dave-dove-hive

jasinski wrote:
Parduz wrote:I'm really impressed by some of the works here.... also i see how machines are important: with my 19 instances of Hive i was already running at 50-60% of CPU, resulting in a lot of hiccups. 31, or 48 instances? wow.
I only get there by freezing some tracks to offload CPU use :D
A sensible strategy anyway - once a track has been consolidated, then why let it gobble cpu! My 5 year old machine creaks a lot, only 4 gigs RAM and an old quadcore, but there are ways to manage resources.

Oh yes, some stonking tracks and we are still waiting for some big hitters eh??? This is going to be another hard to judge, time consuming challenge.

I do believe the OSC has been getting better and better. Good stuff guys!

dB

psmacmur - Bridge to Hoovertown (Hive)
My entry for KVR One Synth Challenge #71: Hive
https://soundcloud.com/peter-macmurchy/ ... rtown-hive
It's always a privilege to use a commercial supersynth for free for an OSC, and Hive is no exception. :hyper: When Urs described as "a synth that's all about fun", I assumed he meant Hoovers. :borg: Although the point of Hive is massive supersaw for little CPU, I actually found this the most CPU intensive OSC in quite some time... maybe ever; only OBXd came close. Alpha software does have its downside, too.

All my patches are from init, except one from the Acidity Squelch preset.

Made in Studio One 2.6.5 x64
21 Hive (x64) instances

Midi Sequencers:
A few ToneCarver Nova instances were used to come up with loops, but due to stuck note bugs, I ended up recording them to MIDI loops and removing them from the project.

DAW FX:
4x Compressor
13x Pro EQ
1x Limiter
1x Spectrum Meter

Free FX:
2x Freeverb3 Hibiki
1x vladg Limiter6
3x TDR Kotelnikov

DR7

I uploaded a new version of my track. Increased the volume a bit, added one TDR Kotelnikov and one more bee.

BTW, my CPU usage was 60%... I managed not to freeze any tracks (mac with 12GB) but it's starting to get unstable... Once I take a week off I'll work on an improved version and the first thing I'll do is start freezing tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/mmoncur-1/planbee7

Hi guys,

Here comes my submission :

Under Venusian Skies
https://soundcloud.com/jay-f-2/jay-f-un ... ies-osc-71

Title refers to the Venus Express mission.

DAW : Reaper v4.75

Synth:
15x Hive (u-he)

Sounds are mostly inspired by the presets. Special kudos to those who posted drums presets. I still cannot program decent drums.

Insert effects :
14x ReaEQ
4x ReaComp
1x ReaDelay
1x TAL Dub II
2x TAL Filter
1x TAL-Tube

Send effects:
2x Voxengo OldSkoolVerb
1x TAL DUB II
1x ReaComp
1x ReaEQ

Master effects :
1x ReaEQ
1x ReaXComp
1x LoudMax
1x ReaComp
1x VoxengoSPAN

Oddly enough, it does not appear yet on the soundcloud group... [edit : ooops ! I forgot the group was moderated. I guess I have 3 submission waiting validation now. :dog: ]
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-f-2

44 hours left :o :o :-o :-o :shock: :wheee:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I just posted but hasn't been ok'd by moderators yet track called Hive Mind by Djdeftmonk. 32 instances of Hive in Ableton 9. No sends and only fx used are ableton's eq 8, utility and compressor with the exception of the master track which also has a multi band compressor. Wish I had more time to clean it up but really enjoyed listening to the other songs admitted :) I will post Soundcloud link here when I see it load on the contest page.

djdeftmonk wrote:I will post Soundcloud link here when I see it load on the contest page.
You can always just post the link now, no need to wait for moderator to approve on SC. Cheers!

Uploaded mine, it's called :

"Game Of Drones".

Made In FLStudio.

I used : 16 x Hive.

Track FX :
1 x StormGate
2 x Classic Reverb
1 x Fruity Parametric EQ 2
1 x ReaComp
1 x ADT
1 x VoxengoSampleDelay
1 x ReaXComp.

Automation : Yes, 1x volume.

Master FX :
1 x TDR VOS SlickEQ
1 x Maximus.

Official DR value: DR4

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/petervos/yeager-game-of-drones

I seriously doubt I'll finish in time, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. I put so much work into sound design and melodies in this one but didn't leave have enough time to arrange them all in time. :dog: :roll: It's about 80 percent done. But that other 20 percent is way more than 2 days...
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”