2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

No, didn't. Perhaps because my copy was a gift and I'm not sure I ever registered it... what was the offer?

krankyone wrote:OSX and Ableton Live - KS and B2 Audio Units Components are not playing very nicely together. Luckily the VST versions are playing together like good children. I'll send crash logs.

-John
same here
i can barely get ks to play
i downgraded from yosemite to mountain lion without faring any better
late 2011 mbp 16 gigs ram live 9.1.7

jackmazzotti wrote:
krankyone wrote:OSX and Ableton Live - KS and B2 Audio Units Components are not playing very nicely together. Luckily the VST versions are playing together like good children. I'll send crash logs.

-John
same here
i can barely get ks to play
i downgraded from yosemite to mountain lion without faring any better
late 2011 mbp 16 gigs ram live 9.1.7
I have exactly the same mbp. 10.8.5 though. With buffers at 2048 both KS and Live most patches are fine with white noise. Mileage varies processing an input signal.

I was happy enough with that to purchase it.

jc_vt wrote:I think it was mentioned earlier in this topic, but I wanted to confirm it is very quick and easy to save image files from ArtMatic to use in KS, and you can come up with some spectacular ones. I also easily imported .scl tuning files from Metasynth into KS. In both instances I found - with the demo at least - that the first import attempt failed, because I need to manually create User/My Images or Tunings folders into which to import...
I'm curious about Windows based software that might be useful for this. Anyone have any suggestions?
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

What are the options for converting to 64-bit on a Mac if you don't have Wavelab?
Sampleconstruct wrote:In fact it was all wrong what I did, I had not converted my waveform to 64 Bit mono (it was stereo) and as the warning message wasn't clear in KS (it's so white) I never understood what it was trying to tell me. Now I can hear the waveform and I am amazed what comes out of this oud extract - just WOWOWOW!

Sound forge?

Don't have that, but looked at both AudioFinder and Adobe Audition, both only go to 32-bit.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Sound forge?

So does RX3 Adv which usually is my goto.

Might want to check out Audacity. Does 64 bit as well as others. Also the best one for creating multi channel files for Kaivo.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Sound forge?
Sound Forge is great. This is what I use.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Back to FIR-mode, processing some female gibberish, pretty weird stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jauwRQwkAzY

whoah.... I didn't even know it could do that... :clap: :tu: :borg:

Voice303 wrote: Yeah, to be honest I think the only improvements that can be made at this point would be in terms of CPU / workflow.
We have actually made some improvements to CPU usage for the String modes in the past couple days. Update soon. Prob some time this coming week. We'll see.

But that's not "ALL" that can be done. :o We have lots of other stuff up our sleeves. 8) This is just the first step. It's a pretty big leap and quite enough to keep us all busy exploring, but there is lots of room to evolve, refine, and add... This is a long term platform for us. You'll see. :tu:
Voice303 wrote: I mean, I thought the possibilities were endless and then I saw the alternative tuning modes... god damn :tu:
ya, good summary... :D

Just put together another demo that ended up somewhat Biosphere sounding. Used some microtonal scales for the sub bass and played around with the waveform based tuning modes, ended up using some additive and FM stuff to do some nice bright sounding effects.

https://soundcloud.com/voice303/cloud-of-thought

I made this and the last track before reading the manual. I just read it. Extremely informative and left no question I had unanswered. I love how its not just a technical dump of information, so many useful tidbits are included about use cases and potential applications.

I may do some playing around with custom tuning based on the golden ratio (1.618). Saw one comes with the Architecture 02 sampler and used it for the above track but I want more :D

Galb yeah I am really looking forward to seeing where this product goes. Its not one of those products where you are like "this has potential"... the potential is already fulfilled and now we are taking a voyage into the truly unknown... except we are already there :ud:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Galbanum wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Back to FIR-mode, processing some female gibberish, pretty weird stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jauwRQwkAzY

whoah.... I didn't even know it could do that... :clap: :tu: :borg:
:party: Jaajaja, it's incredible at creating these weird warped spaces on the edge to granular, should be found on quite a few Amityville movies in the future.

Voice303 wrote:Just put together another demo that ended up somewhat Biosphere sounding.

https://soundcloud.com/voice303/cloud-of-thought
Quite lovely :tu:

Return to “Effects”