Test MP3 - Does SxMJune really sound like a Juno 60?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You were right. Congratulations! :)
presswerk wrote:I want to say the first one is the Real Juno... But they are so slose it really doesn't matter.

I owned both a Juno 6 and 60, and to me the Uno62 is the absolute closest. The Polish Juno is not really a Juno in my book, but I love it all the same. It has a bite...

Interesting. These polish plugins certainly sound good and are very usable, but can't help but wonder how far off they are from their resperctive hardware counterparts?

Are you gonna try this again with a totally different sound? Any way you could post a screencap of one of the softsynths with the settings used?

cosmosis wrote:Interesting. These polish plugins certainly sound good and are very usable, but can't help but wonder how far off they are from their resperctive hardware counterparts?
I don't know about the other Elektrostudio synths, because I only have the Juno 60 to compare. But the SxMJune isn't a real emulation. The TAL U-no comes very close, the June comes nowhere near.
But again, it can have a great sound of its own.
cosmosis wrote:Are you gonna try this again with a totally different sound? Any way you could post a screencap of one of the softsynths with the settings used?
I'll try this weekend.

Kind regards,

Jos

I'm wondering what would happen if you opened the filter a little on the TAL. It sounded a little dull next to the original.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:I'm wondering what would happen if you opened the filter a little on the TAL. It sounded a little dull next to the original.
Today TAL released U-no62 version 1.7 with fixed CutOff volume. Is this coincedence? :wink:

Cheers,

Jos

Oké, here are some new examples. It's the famous nr 58 PWM Chorus preset from the Juno60. Rumours are the Eurythmics used this preset in 'Sweet Dreams':

What you hear is:

1. Roland Juno 60 (no midi, sorry for lousy playing, I'm a guitarist :wink: )
2. TAL U-no62
3. Elektrostudio SxMJune

http://www.waxnwane.nl/music/junodreams.mp3

I've made some screenshots with TAL-settings of my first bass line and the PWM Chorus (Sweet Dreams) sound. Maybe some of you can get better matching results with both U-no62 and SxMJune.

http://www.waxnwane.nl/music/UnoShots.doc

Have fun,

Jos

Roland wins hands down IMO.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

I owned both a Juno 6 and 60 and the Uno62 is by far the closest... I have my old patch sheets and did a few of them without much fuss. So I really feel I have my Juno back. So I am not sweating it... Love the Uno! Go TAL, go!!!
I am not a robot. You are a robot.

Okay, I know no one has been here in years but I want to add my 2 cents anyway.

The SxMJune sounds pretty good to me. I've owned a Juno 60 since they were new (80s) - and it's sitting right next to me now. Unfortunately, they missed the boat on the arpeggio. It doesn't work quite like the original, which has characteristics that I have used to write whole songs, with a little accompaniment. I won't go into specifics now because I don't think anyone will see this, but if you want to know the differences I'll answer any replies.
Activax Amplification

Return to “Instruments”