Ana - Electronica made entirely with Sonic Academy's A.N.A.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ana
Dedicated to the memory of Edgar Froese 1944-2015.

Feedback welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/garryknight/ana

Intricate and ornate.

I'm begging to hear this as part of a larger work - contrast, emotion, a human presence somewhere.

Sounds good! :tu:

Interesting to hear ANA in non-EDM context.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

trewq wrote:Intricate and ornate.

I'm begging to hear this as part of a larger work - contrast, emotion, a human presence somewhere.
Most of the intricacy comes from combining 3 layers of arpeggiated plucks over 2 ambient, evolving pads. To me it sounds intricate when laid over a contrasting single-note bass and simple drum sounds. What happened was that a lot of sounds emerged that weren't in the original synth patches. Overtones seemed to combine to produce new tones that floated across the surface of the original layered sound.

I'd love to have the time to evolve this into, say, a 30-minute piece with contrasting sections. Maybe I'd be able to create more than just a lightweight, upbeat quasi-synthpop piece. Maybe even inject some human presence into it. But I don't have anywhere enough time to create music.

Thanks for your thoughts. And for giving me food for thought.

recursive one wrote:Sounds good! :tu:

Interesting to hear ANA in non-EDM context.
Thanks. :)

It has an intro, a buildup, the main theme, a breakdown, a buildup, a drop, and a long outro. If the kick were doing a four-to-the-floor rather than just 1,3 in every bar, it might be called EDM. ANA is one of the easiest synths to program and is capable of some great sounds, so I'll almost certainly be posting more. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”