Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

I wish Camel had given some notice... I would like to have purchased some soundsets if I knew they were gone soon.

dune_rave wrote:Ok. It's time to speak about real things!
I thought someone should create a google site, to "host" the user content that was previously available from camel audio account, but was uploaded by users.
I think these could be shared online.
Such site would be superb for those, who will keep using Camel plugins!
Maybe we should ask the Camel support, and ask for permission or search for the creators and use their material?
I have a bunch (not all) of the userlibrary content in original download form i can contribute if, of course, authorization is provided.

pdxindy wrote:I wish Camel had given some notice... I would like to have purchased some soundsets if I knew they were gone soon.
I wish they released v.2 before selling out to Big Brother.
So many years of sweet anticipation, and big nothing in the end.
Last edited by sempondr on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

sempondr wrote:I wish they released v.2 before selling out to Big Brother.
What! :o Big Brother has bought Camel?

Perhaps they plan to use Alchemy2 to resynthesise Jade Goodie!

edit: You'd probably need to be British to get that (rather unfunny) joke.

Toilets on Pluto? I love this thread.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Toilets on Pluto? I love this thread.
Of course! That's the last comfort stop before the Heliopause. :?
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

egbert wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Toilets on Pluto? I love this thread.
Of course! That's the last comfort stop before the Heliopause. :?
It is either that, or, the Oort Cloud. :scared:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

goldenanalog wrote:What's a little confusing to me, although maybe it shouldn't be - is that if CA's disappearance is truly that big of a deal that warrants 4,000 posts on KVR, then why doesn't someone here who has Ben's personal contact info simply give him a call or whatever, and ask him point blank what he can or cannot say about CA?

He may refer you to an attorney - but at least that's something -
That's getting pretty stalkery. I'm good friends with him and I've already said a few times, he is alive and not rolling around like a puppy in a mythical 8 figure mountain of cash. It's also well known on here they are a nice bunch of guys who've always gone out their way to support their customers, so in answer to your question, it would appear fairly obvious nothing can be said by him about camel audio at the moment...

Hunter wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:What's a little confusing to me, although maybe it shouldn't be - is that if CA's disappearance is truly that big of a deal that warrants 4,000 posts on KVR, then why doesn't someone here who has Ben's personal contact info simply give him a call or whatever, and ask him point blank what he can or cannot say about CA?

That's getting pretty stalkery. I'm good friends with him and I've already said a few times, he is alive and not rolling around like a puppy in a mythical 8 figure mountain of cash. It's also well known on here they are a nice bunch of guys who've always gone out their way to support their customers, so in answer to your question, it would appear fairly obvious nothing can be said by him about camel audio at the moment...
Oh, so if he's not dead or filthy rich, he must be having some problems with the law. Nothing but those 3 could explain the silence.

scintillator wrote:Oh, so if he's not dead or filthy rich, he must be having some problems with the law. Nothing but those 3 could explain the silence.
FFS. You are not part of any discussions and/or issues so you know bugger all.
He "must" not be anything... The end!
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
scintillator wrote:Oh, so if he's not dead or filthy rich, he must be having some problems with the law. Nothing but those 3 could explain the silence.
FFS. You are not part of any discussions and/or issues so you know bugger all.
He "must" not be anything... The end!
Precisely.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

scintillator wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Oh, so if he's not dead or filthy rich, he must be having some problems with the law. Nothing but those 3 could explain the silence.
I admire your imagination, but he isn't having any problems with the law :lol:

I imagine this thread is giving him facepalm problems though

Hunter wrote:
scintillator wrote:
Hunter wrote:

I admire your imagination, but he isn't having any problems with the law :lol:

I imagine this thread is giving him facepalm problems though
FFS. So what? I can't speculate, just like everyone else? What do YOU know mushy?

It could be a divorce... Or he's been caught with a bag of drugs... Or he's been caught cooking the books of Camel Audio... Or he has been preparing a terrorist bombing campaign...

scintillator wrote:What do YOU know mushy?
Absolutely nothing. Hence my lack of posts on the matter.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Hunter wrote:
If one of us were to do it, yeah, it'd be stalkery,
But if you were to do it...you know, down at the pub, buy him a few pints, I bet that'd loosen his tongue up!
:D

Return to “Instruments”