Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

In the first place is CEO Ben real person? Does Scotland exist on the earth?

:help:
goldenanalog wrote:Image

Looks like they're on track to reach Pluto mid July of this year. (AU = AUstrailia - obviously Austrailia's on both planets)

Hm. I wonder if toilets flush backwards on Pluto.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:Hm. I wonder if toilets flush backwards on Pluto.
Considering all of the other valuable information that has been disseminated by this thread, that's a perfect question, kbaccki! :tu:

Unfortunately due to pre-Star-Trek laws of physics: it will take at least 9 hours just to 'round-trip' your question!

Alas: CA product support from Pluto could take years....

mutantdog wrote:
herodotus wrote:Does it make me evil that I really want to buy occupycamelaudio.com and set up a forum there?
You should do it just to see if you get Apple's lawyers on your case. :wink:
Let's do it. And then start a kickstarter fund for legal defense - maybe create a series of fashionable occupycamel eyewear, gloves, key fobs, phone cases and hoodies made, from, yup, recycled camel audio products. With Free Shipping!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Ok. It's time to speak about real things!
I thought someone should create a google site, to "host" the user content that was previously available from camel audio account, but was uploaded by users.
I think these could be shared online.
Such site would be superb for those, who will keep using Camel plugins!
Maybe we should ask the Camel support, and ask for permission or search for the creators and use their material?

dune_rave wrote:Ok. It's time to speak about real things!
I thought someone should create a google site, to "host" the user content that was previously available from camel audio account, but was uploaded by users.
I think these could be shared online.
Such site would be superb for those, who will keep using Camel plugins!
Maybe we should ask the Camel support, and ask for permission or search for the creators and use their material?
Probably not, since they probably sold their stuff to another company.

Ok. ?
But the presets made by users are the property of users - or not?
When Camel Audio stored these presets the users had to claim they are not the owners anymore?

(I mean presets that doesn'zt include Camel Audio owned samples)

Hmmm. Further to that thought... we didn't just buy Alchemy, we bought the right to use the samples. Maybe Camel should set those free so I can use them in other products such as Kontakt or HALion. Maybe now Camel's tractor belongs to the whole village, comrades.

My original thought was to create an Alchemy "fansite", where all legal stuff can be shared, stuff that's not forbidden to share online.

Protocol_b wrote:Hmmm. Further to that thought... we didn't just buy Alchemy, we bought the right to use the samples. Maybe Camel should set those free so I can use them in other products such as Kontakt or HALion. Maybe now Camel's tractor belongs to the whole village, comrades.
You already CAN... the samples are located in the samples folder.

What "setting free" needs to be done?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Protocol_b wrote: Maybe now Camel's tractor belongs to the whole village, comrades.
Uh oh... what is happening right now? Is *this* how it all starts?? :D

Ben H wrote:
You already CAN... the samples are located in the samples folder.
Oh. Well, *that* was a little bit anti climactic. :shrug:

I'm still gonna take the village tractor for a drunken spin through omnisphere 2 when it comes out!

Return to “Instruments”