Synapse Orion DAW being discontinued after latest public beta 8.6!?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgot this:
Kriminal wrote:I think if Orion went open source, it would become a total mess... too many ppl with too many poorly thought out ideas...
Totally agree with that. Orion is not suitable to be handled as an Open Source project. Besides that, it will leave a lot of Rich's technology up for grabs, something that might really endanger his opportunities to make money with his virtual instruments. If Orion went Open Source, I'm pretty sure some people would right away fork the internal synths in Orion and release them as VST-plugins. I'm pretty sure that's not something Rich would like to happen ;)
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Hi.i want to buy this Software......where can i do.???

You cant at the moment.

No surprise indeed. The developer was not able to implement a simple time stretch option, which is standard in today´s DAW landscape. This has nothing to do with quality issues (as always was stated by those loyal followers). There are a lot of good algorythms out there. Synapse Audio developed the program outside the market. I doubt Synapse will ever develop a new DAW again. It was only said to calm down userbase a bit.

But one can see - they have learned yet. They develop excellent plugins - and they go on developing in a fluid way.

mfkne wrote:No surprise indeed. The developer was not able to implement a simple time stretch option, which is standard in today´s DAW landscape.
No time stretching? No surprise indeed! Otherwise, it looked like a fine DAW.

wait wasn't this that daw that the one really crazy dude supported like a religion?

Which crazy dude? There are a lot of 'em around here.

The Dissonance wrote:wait wasn't this that daw that the one really crazy dude supported like a religion?
jep

mfkne wrote:No surprise indeed. The developer was not able to implement a simple time stretch option, which is standard in today´s DAW landscape. This has nothing to do with quality issues (as always was stated by those loyal followers). There are a lot of good algorythms out there. .
the good ones cost money to licence. If the program isnt selling, its prob not worth the investment. Infact, its prob not worth investing time and/or money at all if its not selling, especially as his plugins are selling.

SampleScience wrote:
mfkne wrote:No surprise indeed. The developer was not able to implement a simple time stretch option, which is standard in today´s DAW landscape.
No time stretching? No surprise indeed! Otherwise, it looked like a fine DAW.
tbh Orion was always pretty weak on the audio side, its strength was as a quick to use pattern based midi and plugin sequencer.

there are too many daws and their daw-like dawness is quite boring

not enough originality …more Orion please.
why not focus on the strenghs?
I would love for this synth oriented sequencer
to grow in it's own direction

Synapse's makes incredible synthesizers, and amazing effects
why don’t they integrate some new ones into orion? (exclusively)

Orion is an awesome sequencer, why not improve it from a strictly
sequencer focused view point, improve arpeggiation and add more midi madness,
the sequencer gives accents and slides to integrated synths for example, why not give more?
what Richard's mind conjures, tends to be well liked
this would give already top-notch synths an advantage, synth functionally can be taken to new hights,
directly within the sequencer.

And what’s better than one incredible synth maker from Germany?
Why the hell not? (Collaborate with Linplug, minds will explode)

Don’t throw it away, Orion is known, and adored...
let it sleep, it's day will come
Last edited by SeePlusPlus on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

But isn't it better to concentrate on the stuff which brings home the money, especially if you're pretty short on manpower? Obviously Orion didn't do so well, otherwise they wouldn't discontinue it. And a DAW probably is a lot more work than a synthesizer plugin too.

a sequencer is more work, and they already have one, a great one
so why not add something in orion, exclusively
(no vsti, au, re, aax or whatever)
short on manpower... collaborate
short on time... let it sleep

SeePlusPlus wrote:
Synapse's makes incredible synthesizers, and amazing effects
why don’t they integrate some new ones into orion? (exclusively)

Orion already has some good exclusive synths and fx, and they make decent vst's too. What they really need to do is fix bugs and then strengthen the midi/audio side of things. Adding bells and whistles doesnt really help

terrible news
Last edited by mztk on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”