Something is cooking: RAGNAROK - RELEASED !!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ragnarök

Very humbly, I would like to show you my attempt of skin for Ragnarök:

(click the image to have it at its real size)

It works perfectly and if some are interested by the files... (or to make remarks and suggestions), feel free to tell what are your impressions.

Remind: I'm not at all a designer. It's a very humble attempt to fit my eyes which have difficulties with white backgrounds and with weak contrasts (and for a friend who have the same problems but due to a much more grave visual disease).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Hey Black Winny,

to be honest it is not my style, but what counts is that you can use (and are using!) the (simple) skinning option of Ragnarök to make it suit your needs! :tu:

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote:Hey Black Winny,

to be honest it is not my style, but what counts is that you can use (and are using!) the (simple) skinning option of Ragnarök to make it suit your needs! :tu:

Cheers, Björn
I must confess that it is not at all "my style" either (I love master paintings, especially the "Impressionists" period, thus I love the pastel colors in my life). On very large surface I would have kept the original GUI which is already beautiful (and the same for your original own plugins). But on small surfaces I'm constraint by my eyes to use that kind of colors and contrasts, uniquely for the reason of readability.

Ah la la!... if the giant screens were cheaper!
I use 1600x900 on a 21" screen... and with the same resolution on a 42" screen (too much expensive for the moment) I could use all the original GUIs without having to make these futuristic colors and it would save my life!
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Shemsu-Heru has done it again... compare his new skin for Ragnarök to the pic of the original machine...

:o
Cheers, Björn

I have followed the instructions in the manual, copied over the config settings, rescaned my VST folder but the above skin is not loading, I just keep getting the default one, no matter what.
:tu: All is good

DrewDale wrote:I have followed the instructions in the manual, copied over the config settings, rescaned my VST folder but the above skin is not loading, I just keep getting the default one, no matter what.
If you are using Reaper you will have to put absolute paths into the ragnarok.ini file, i.e.

Code: Select all

Bitmap_Back = C:\Muzak\VstPlugIns\ragnarok\Skin\RagnAlt\Shem_Background.png
instead of

Code: Select all

Bitmap_Back = Skin\RagnAlt\Shem_Background.png
Maybe this trick helps with other hosts, too. Dunno why. :shrug:

Cheers, Björn

Just tried that (in FL Studio 12) still no joy, not sure what else to try now, thanks anyway Björn.

Weird, it works here in FL12... :shrug:

Cheers, Björn

Ooh lovely skin!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Full Bucket wrote:Weird, it works here in FL12... :shrug:

Cheers, Björn
No problem, I'll stick to the original skin.

Full Bucket wrote:Shemsu-Heru has done it again... compare his new skin for Ragnarök to the pic of the original machine...

:o
Cheers, Björn
Oh my GOD !!!

It's like having the hardware unit under the fingers !

Does that interface Reminds you Of Tyrell ?

nope

DrakeSTAR wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:16 am Does that interface Reminds you Of Tyrell ?
If you think that, then it is the other way around and Tyrell reminds you of Ragnarok.... as the Ragnarok hardware was build in 1980/1981 :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

This thread deserves a bump.

Return to “Instruments”