What is your favorite small effects developer and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:Audio Thing is pretty good, like the sound and price of that Valve Filter :tu: http://www.audiothing.net/effects/valve-filter-vf-1/
+1!
I quite like Valve Exciter =]

I don't think one should be too strict about the one man (woman??? Where are they?) rule, the less-than-$50 rule may be more interesting depending on the money situation.
I guess what people like about the all the one-man-companies or indie developers or whatever you want to call them is (apart from the price tag) the accessibility - many of them are quite active here or on other forums, you have a direct contact to the developer which gives you the warm happy feeling of giving your hard earned money to a person instead of some brand name from the ads. Also, the copy protection is usually much less restrictive.

And I have to agree to elxsound, most of the companies in the computer audio world are very much small to medium business operations, mostly privately held. NI is one of the biggest I guess but even they have just a couple of hundred employees. No "large monster company" here, no monopolist in sight who "out-ads" or "out-whatevers" other companies. It's not Amazon or Google.

fese wrote:I don't think one should be too strict about the one man (woman??? Where are they?) rule, the less-than-$50 rule may be more interesting depending on the money situation.
I guess what people like about the all the one-man-companies or indie developers or whatever you want to call them is (apart from the price tag) the accessibility - many of them are quite active here or on other forums, you have a direct contact to the developer which gives you the warm happy feeling of giving your hard earned money to a person instead of some brand name from the ads. Also, the copy protection is usually much less restrictive.
I'm interested in people who are taking on a large amount of responsibility and work by themselves. It has nothing to do with accessibility or support or copy protection.

I started the thread with a specific thing in mind. If you are interested in different information, then you are free to start another thread asking for something different.

Glitchmachines?

I don't know whether it's one person only but they offer innovative (multi-)effect plugins...

I think GSi http://www.genuinesoundware.com/
and Psychic Modulation http://www.psychicmodulation.com/
deserve a mention in this thread ...

What about Voxengo? Isn't it only Aleksey? (During Group Buys most of his plugins are cheaper than $50...)

xoxos stuff is inspiring :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

penguinfromdeep wrote:Nobody really
You old cynic, you.... :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Stillwell Audio is pretty great too. Hard to pick just one!

right now Final Mix Software Rob Chiarelli Signature Plugins. :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

i still want to do a documentary about the formative years of the vst industry :D there are too many people who tend not to make it onto these threads.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Big respect to everyone mentioned in this thread. I'd also like to add de la Mancha, who (although not active anymore) is one of the old heroes of the VST scene.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Aside from Ableton and a couple of NI and AIR plugins, everything i use is made by what I'd consider small devs.

However in keeping with the rules here:
Klanghelm, AudioDamage and Valhalla spring to mind first.

I'd also add Ichiro Toda, VOS, TAL, VSTzone and Voxengo for their free stuff. Does TDR count with it being two people?

Someone mentioned Xfer. Undoubtedly Steve Duda is a great coder but I think having Deadmau5's financial backing and a lot of licensed code in Serum kinda negates him from this thread.

Sknote
Valhalla
And.. How about airwindows plugin? Even mac only and without gui, the dev make very great quality plugins..

TAL

Return to “Effects”