Studio One 3?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Aiynzahev wrote:Why do persons choose to be so tight lipped about what they are doing with S3?
I can explain that. :hihi:

April 2009: http://www.presonus.com/news/press_rele ... Studio-One

They announced 1.0 in April 2009, described many of it's features, and between April and the eventual September release the net went batshit crazy with complaints about why the thing they described in the above press release wasn't released yet, calling it vaporware and all kinds of other made up rumors and the typical net conspiracy theories, kinda like what happened with Bitwig. ;)

Fast forward to September 2009: http://www.presonus.com/news/press_rele ... ne-For-All
Many of you have been asking [whining, complaining, bitching about ;)] when you will finally get to try Studio One Pro and Studio One Artist
After the first fiasco they decided to never again announce anything until it was almost ready to release so they didn't say anything specific about 1.5, 2.0, or 2.5 until it was almost ready to ship.

Now people are complaining about not being told ahead of time but if they had been told ahead of time, say, 9 months ago, they'd still be here complaining about not getting it yet. :hihi:

You can't win with the net. No matter what you do some will complain about it. :lol:

I can't find the quote (I think it was on the original forum that's gone now) but I recall Jon Hillman back then saying (because of the 1.0 fiasco)... paraphrasing...

"We won't ever be announcing any new features for Studio One outside of a 30-day release window."

That's been the policy since 1.0 or 2010 and afaict, they haven't deviated from it.

So, there it is!

Fair enough.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

Yeah. Nothing ever happens in a vacuum. :lol: Most things have a cause and effect relationship involved.

See the Cubase forum where they learned long ago to stop talking about future features because it only caused more drama (or different drama), people popping in saying they "promised" something or other and bitching about that. So they just stopped doing it. :shrug:

Now many Cubase forum users regularly complain because they don't do that anymore. :hihi: It's really a no-win proposition.

Nobody really does that. Even the Reaper developers don't do that. Nobody knows what might be in a new Reaper release [last major release in 2011] until a pre-release build drops there, and they still don't know what else is maybe coming later or not until they see it.

I'm actually thinking about buying S1V2 artist for $20.15 . There 2015 sale . I got rid of S1V2 Producer a while back because I use Tracktion again but there were some things I liked about S1 like the ease of use of multi out VSTi s and its midi editor was nicely done as well as loops stretching or shrinking to the time line when dragged in ,Tracktion seems to lack in this department , yes you can shrink or stretch later but its a workflow killer. I don't think I'd use Artist but it'd be nice to have a cheaper upgrade path if S1V3 ever comes out ,but at the same time I have the feeling version 3 is not even being worked on ? So who knows don't know if I'll throw $20.15 down the flusher yet I have 3 more days left on the sale .

See what I mean? :hihi:
I have the feeling version 3 is not even being worked on?
They can come out and very publicly say that they're currently working on it but the bad rumors and net theories persist anyway... essentially suggesting they're liars. :lol: You could hire the Goodyear blimp to fly over the Super Bowl with a streaming message saying... "V3 is under development!"... and the next day someone on the net will say... "I doubt they're even working on it." :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:See what I mean? :hihi:
I have the feeling version 3 is not even being worked on?
They can come out and very publicly say that they're currently working on it but the bad rumors and net theories persist anyway... essentially suggesting they're liars. :lol: You could hire the Goodyear blimp to fly over the Super Bowl with a streaming message saying... "V3 is under development!"... and the next day someone on the net will say... "I doubt they're even working on it." :hihi:
Alchemy2 has been worked on too .lolz ..Just saying .... :hihi:

trusampler wrote:Then whispers of perhaps a dev left or so, can't recall exactly, I didn't bother worrying, just kept making music.
Hmmm... I bought Ableton Live 9 Standard and was so impressed that I upgraded to Suite, then read that the devs (or some of them) had left to create BitWig Studio. Then, a short while later, Studio One Producer 2 (including Melodyne Essentials) became available at a knock-down price, so I snapped that up, too. And now you're whispering that a dev left? :D

Why do SOME people assume that just because there is a lot of chat about something, they are not using the current version?

It's a forum.

hibidy wrote:Why do KVR people assume that just because there is a lot of chat about something, they are not using the current version?

It's a forum.
Fixed for ya :hihi:

;)

Well, they do it at other forums too.

fedexnman wrote:Alchemy2 has been worked on too .lolz ..Just saying .... :hihi:
:lol: It's just basic human nature. :) It's usually easier to believe the bad stuff than the good stuff so when nobody knows anything it more often leans towards talking about all the potentially bad stuff, like above, you suggesting that they might go out of business like Camel Audio. :hihi:

It's useful in a way I suppose. If you only ever expect worst case scenarios you'll never be disappointed. ;)

So if... for example... a Reaper developer leaves the company, which happened, Christophe is no longer with Cockos, the very first inclination of the web is to think something bad happened and start predicting doom. :)

No way I don't see Presonus g.o.b. ....Presonus is a Hardware company 1st . They invested money in software to bundle with that Hardware they sell . They are not going to abondon it . Maybe some Devs leave and they have to hire new Devs but I don't see a company that sells USB , FireWire , etc etc Audio Interfaces ditching the software . I know Mackie abandoned Tracktion but Mackie was never a success at USB / FireWire audio interfaces ,they were a more P.A. and mixer company ....... Now I do believe StudioOne3 is not there priority at the moment , but that's my opinion . Will StudioOne3 ever come out .Probably yes maybe I have no idea but I don't see it being vaper ware.

Change the name to Logic and the discussion is exactly the same. :) Every rational person knew it would show up at some point but many kept suggesting otherwise, saying Apple would abandon it because the iStuff makes more money.

They had no factual basis for any of those opinions. It's just easier to think bad stuff and bad stuff is more fun to talk about. :)

The people who keep suggesting it might not show up at all should just relax and have a big cup of decaf. They are very clearly dead wrong about that. :hihi:
Will StudioOne3 ever come out .Probably yes
Certainly yes, not "probably". :) They already told you that more than once, not sure why you still don't believe it.

LawrenceF wrote:
Will StudioOne3 ever come out .Probably yes
Certainly yes, not "probably". :) They already told you that more than once, not sure why you still don't believe it.
Get all worked up now aren't we . :hihi: Yes , StudioOne3 will come out. :ud:

?? Not worked up, see the smiley, just having a really good laugh. This stuff is (to me anyway) just really hilarious. :hihi:

Multiple smileys all over all of those posts and suddenly I'm "worked up"? :lol:

Don't take any of it personally. I've seen the same exact thing play out multiple times before, it's always the same. This could be any random "Where's 2.0?" thread from years ago, it's all the same thread really. ;)
Last edited by LawrenceF on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”