Triangle Wave Nostalgia & Drone LFO Experiments

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Triangle Wave Nostalgia - https://archive.org/download/FslkFinal/fslk%20final.mp3

Drone LFO Experiments - https://archive.org/download/FslkFinal/ ... riment.mp3

Triangle wave from Korg MS-20 vsti. Reverb NI 480. Tape sim is 10 Slate(s).

Drone LFO is Mpowersynth with super slow LFOs modulating the rate of LFOs that are modulating the frequencies of the oscillators. It is long. I listened to it twice. Some people would consider it tortuous or torturous. There may be a surprise hidden in there that makes it totally worth it.

Something about that Triangle Wave piece says "Keith Emerson" to me, but maybe with a more "ringing" quality. I'll check out the other piece later.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Something about that Triangle Wave piece says "Keith Emerson" to me, but maybe with a more "ringing" quality. I'll check out the other piece later.

Good work :)
Thanks for listening and commenting seismic. Good luck with the other one. :hihi:

The triangle wave was big and spacious. A very old sound from some newer gear.

The start of the Drone LFO Experiment is intriguing. I'd like the check out the rest in more detail, but my son keeps bursting into the room and demanding that I shut off that spacey racket! I do like a good spacey racket, I must admit.

LFOs modulating LFOs? Whatever next?

I could imagine this having a detrimental effect upon my ability to remain vertical after consuming large quantities of alcohol. An interesting experiment.

jopy wrote:The triangle wave was big and spacious. A very old sound from some newer gear.

The start of the Drone LFO Experiment is intriguing. I'd like the check out the rest in more detail, but my son keeps bursting into the room and demanding that I shut off that spacey racket! I do like a good spacey racket, I must admit.
You are right about the triangle wave sound. It is Boards of Canada inspired. Although the Boards of Canada reverb sound, at least on Music has the Right to Children, is not as smooth as the NI 480.

Regarding the spacey racket, my sister had a similar reaction to the sound generated by the analog synth my brother and I put together over his winter break from school. It is a square wave oscillator modulated by a single LFO. Lots of "UFO" sounds. She didn't like those sounds so I turned them down.

Thanks for listening and commenting. :)

seismic1 wrote:LFOs modulating LFOs? Whatever next?

I could imagine this having a detrimental effect upon my ability to remain vertical after consuming large quantities of alcohol. An interesting experiment.
LFOs modulating LFOs modulating LFOs?

Music on its own doesn't normally cause me to lose my balance. But I can understand where you are coming from.

Thanks again for your comments. They are much appreciated. :)

I like the triangle wave. The Korg MS-20 vsti sounds the real thing to my ears, but I don't own one so I'm not an expert ;)
Is it from the korg legacy collection?
lucky one - Atmospheric Electro Rock - on SoundCloud - on Facebook - on Spotify

lucky one wrote:I like the triangle wave. The Korg MS-20 vsti sounds the real thing to my ears, but I don't own one so I'm not an expert ;)
Is it from the korg legacy collection?
Glad you liked it. Yeah, it is from the legacy collection. It is pretty good, but unlike the original, the oscillators do alias in some cases.

Return to “Music Cafe”