What is your favorite small effects developer and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ohmforce probaply

Daven from Amaranth audio for daring to do something different with Cycle...I know not $50, but still.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Another list.

Guess I'll throw Audio Damage into the ring.

Jo Langie of Mutools (MuLab and Mux). He offers a free version of his combination DAW and wavetable/modular synth/effects. If you want to know why he is my favorite, just read the kvr Mutools form and see how much he helps everyone.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Sknote. He knows what he's doing, his channel strip plugins sound absolutely awesome and have the features you need.

IMHO, there are far too many plugins around that look nice but seem to have been designed by graphic designers rather than audio engineers.

My current favorite is Attila (Rapid Composer).
He really listens to user suggestions and implements improvements right away.
Users always have access to the latest beta.
The program/tools is mind-blowing once you discover what it can do.

Voice303 wrote:ValhallaDSP, Sean makes amazingly intuitive, usable and good sounding reverbs for a great price :tu:
he also great with respect to support, and a valued member on the forums in his own right i.e not just as the face of valhalla

i also would like to add for vote to klanghelm. i really dig the developer's philosophy surrounding intention, design, pricing and support

a-type wrote:Klanghelm!
+1
So well thought out and functional. Also prettiest plugins EVER.

Honorable mentions:
Variety of Sounds
Sonimus
DeLaMancha
WhiteLabel

Note sure about the "one man" part, but ToneBoosters get my vote :tu: : nice plugins, great prices, customer friendly business model.
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

Sean Costello (Valhalla) and Andrew Simper (Cytomic).

I'm not sure with Synapse Audio (Richard Hoffmann) Afaik a small developer "one man company" but this could be wrong and it's a big team.

Steve Duda (Xfer), for his hard work and personal touch.

Voice303 wrote:ValhallaDSP, Sean makes amazingly intuitive, usable and good sounding reverbs for a great price :tu:
+1 here. I don't think I've had a tune without a Valhalla plug in it for.. omg.. nearly a year now! :o
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

SyntheticAurality wrote:
+1 here. I don't think I've had a tune without a Valhalla plug in it for.. omg.. nearly a year now! :o
+1

His plugs are good!!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Cytomic - the glue ...nuff said
Valhalla DSP - reverbs that should cost way more .
Audio Damage - AD verb was cool my only purchase but Chris Randle seems like a cool dude .
DDMF - eq on the cheaps if you don't like your hosts eq or feel like blowing a bunch of cash .
Podium - I don't use it but dev seems like a cool guy .
Mutools - I have MUX and mulab free don't use them but its Dev is cool.
More than one devs
TSC Tracktion - these guys are helpful and cool guys .
Reaper / Cockos - don't like the forum but you got Justin Frankel to thank for VST Host prices dropping in price period .

I'm sorry, but the stated rules require that the plugins be priced at <$50, not <=$50. Prepare for the public lashing! :wink:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Effects”