Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.8 and its road to Win64/macOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IronAxe

Xenobioz wrote:
xhunaudio wrote:maybe it would be better to extend the range of the "Low E" string, for "additional Djent/Metal purposes" :)
Maybe, I don't think I have ever seen a physical model of a 7 or 8 string guitars so I though it would be cool. You probably would need some good ready to use presets too probably for metal or djent sounds. Having those extra strings probably is just one of many parts to get that sound. If you don't know how to tweak everything to get that sound yourself then it might be too hard.
I'll investigate this (djent/metal setups). Maybe it could be cool to add different E. Guitars setups in further updates, but the point (as a general rule) is not to spend/reserve TOO MUCH time/efforts on something that could be just a small/niche feature...
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

How do I get vibrato via modulation wheel without triggering damp dial?

dman2014 wrote:How do I get vibrato via modulation wheel without triggering damp dial?
Hi dman2014,

currently it is not possible to "unlink" the damping amount from the MIDI cc#1 (modulation wheel).

Pitch bending (for vibrato purposes) is linked to the pitch bend wheel. It is due to give the user "direct" access to pitch bending/vibrato and achieve it in a more realistic way , leavind the mod wheel to control the damping/muting amount. This way ensures also a full "native" compatibility with most of MIDI Guitar controllers (using IronAxe's MIDI Guitar mode), without changing any settings.

With next update (1.8) pitch bending engine will be extended but I don't think it will affect cc#1.

Maybe I will add that feature (MW -> vibrato) in further updates, but in that case I will make a natural sounding "vibrato engine" , adding a simple vibrato would have an artificial taste.

I hope I had been helpful, Merry Xmas :)
Bruno

Hello XhunAudio,
just discovered today your Iron Axe together LittleOne (this one was referred to me by another musician I have contact on facebook)...
both very very interesting and I believe I will buy both (perhaps also SmartRigPro) during the Christmas sale.

But actually I'm writing to ask you this: is it possible with a next update to extend the note estension to (at least) the Eb note: I use a lot that key in my compositions and often I got frustrated with other sample based guitar libraries that just stop at E note...
but it's not just that of adding the note only : could also make possible to change the overall tuning of the simulated guitar model?
Tuning guitars not at the standard common tuning just change how they sound;
it's a bit like tuning a synthetizer (or orchestra instruments) at a different Hz compared to standard A440.
Hope I explained well the matter.

Thank you in the meanwhile, and congratulations for the excellent plugin.
Hope for a third guitar physical model in future beside Stratocaster and Telecaster ones.

All the best.
Andrea
We are the true makers of our destiny.

Polarity wrote:Hello XhunAudio,
just discovered today your Iron Axe together LittleOne (this one was referred to me by another musician I have contact on facebook)...
both very very interesting and I believe I will buy both (perhaps also SmartRigPro) during the Christmas sale.

But actually I'm writing to ask you this: is it possible with a next update to extend the note estension to (at least) the Eb note: I use a lot that key in my compositions and often I got frustrated with other sample based guitar libraries that just stop at E note...
but it's not just that of adding the note only : could also make possible to change the overall tuning of the simulated guitar model?
it's a bit like tuning a synthetizer (or orchestra instruments) at a different Hz compared to standard A440.
Hope I explained well the matter.

Thank you in the meanwhile, and congratulations for the excellent plugin.
Hope for a third guitar physical model in future beside Stratocaster and Telecaster ones.

All the best.
Andrea
Hi Andrea, glad to know you liked my products :)

About IronAxe, yes - I received several requests from other users too that asked for an extended notes range below Low E specially designed for Metal Rock compositions facilities.

So yes, extended notes range will be added to future updates (probably not in the next one, the 1.8 - available in 1 month , maybe in 1.8.1). The Low E string will be extended down to the C note of the same octave.

About the individual strings tuning, also if it would be simple to add as a feature itself, it would be a little bit problematic to manage for the end user in Midi Keyboard Mode and in Keyperformer Mode due to pitch/midi note disparity. So it will probably make confusion for the end-user. But it would be ok in MIDI Guitar Mode (controlling IronAxe with a real Midi or MIDIzed Guitar/controller). So I would need some time to think if and the way to bring this specific feature...

I hope I had been helpful, for any further question just ask :)
Bruno

Polarity wrote: ...could also make possible to change the overall tuning of the simulated guitar model?
it's a bit like tuning a synthetizer (or orchestra instruments) at a different Hz compared to standard A440. Hope I explained well the matter...
Ok, I figured it out. Independent strings tuning will be available in the next updates, soon.

IronAxe version 1.8 will be out in a couple of weeks. The update after that will be available for download a few time after version 1.8 and it will include independent tuning (up to +- several semitones) for each of the 6 strings.

Having Little One and IronAxe, what I would like to get from you now, Bruno... is a nice bass guitar emulation.

Not a bassline synth, eh... but a real bass guitar, in the same spirit than IronAxe but for bass. An emulation (or attempt of emulation) of Fender Precision Bass, Gibson EB, Gibson Thunderbird, Höfner 500/1 (the famous violinshape bass guitar of Paul McCartney), Rickenbacker 4000, Fender Jazz Bass, Fender Mustang Bass, Fender Bass VI (which is one octave lower than the standard)... That kind of emulation of some legendary bass guitars would be the nirvana.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:Having Little One and IronAxe, what I would like to get from you now, Bruno... is a nice bass guitar emulation.

Not a bassline synth, eh... but a real bass guitar, in the same spirit than IronAxe but for bass. An emulation (or attempt of emulation) of Fender Precision Bass, Gibson EB, Gibson Thunderbird, Höfner 500/1 (the famous violinshape bass guitar of Paul McCartney), Rickenbacker 4000, Fender Jazz Bass, Fender Mustang Bass, Fender Bass VI (which is one octave lower than the standard)... That kind of emulation of some legendary bass guitars would be the nirvana.
Hi BlackWinny,

sure, other simulations/products will come, and a bass guitar seems a perfect companion for IronAxe :)

Currently I spent the last 2 years focusing on cross-platform support for all existing products so, once completed, I can start the development of new instruments, fxs, etc. using the cross-platform code mentioned above. I started the theory for several simulations and concepts more than 5 years ago and I'm just waiting to have a stable and complete dev environment to make everything - and in making this I'm also refreshing my c++/dsp knowledge and also learning a lot of new things that i ignored before - that's always a good thing :)

So a bass guitar is one of them, maybe it will not the first thing to be released, but among the first for sure. Just wait a little longer please... :)

Going to have to keep my eye on you, Xhun! Audio demos sound great. Once the Mac 64-bit AUs are ready, I will definitely have to give them a shot.

xhunaudio wrote:So a bass guitar is one of them, maybe it will not the first thing to be released, but among the first for sure. Just wait a little longer please... :)
No problem, Bruno, I'm patient, I can wait all the time you need. For me, the music is a hobby, so I wouldn't be kind in having exigences.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Naenyn wrote:Going to have to keep my eye on you, Xhun! Audio demos sound great. Once the Mac 64-bit AUs are ready, I will definitely have to give them a shot.
Hi Naenyn,

sure, as I mentioned above, currently cross-platform is my priority :)

Hi,

I just updated IronAxe to version 1.8. This update brings a wide range of improvements, introducing several features and bug fixes and making IronAxe even closer to be cross-platform compatible (about 95%).

This is one of the most complete IronAxe updates ever, because it brings an improved Excitation Engine, Pickups Modeling, Pitch Bending Engine and many fixes that registered users asked for in the passed months.

List of changes in IronAxe version 1.8:

# A massive low-level code replacement : IronAxe is now 95% ready for cross-platform compatibility

# The Excitation Engine has been updated to version 2.0 : this brings greater realism over the strings vibration process and to the whole simulation accuracy. Excitator materials are also more accurately represented, everything accessible through the same user-friendly GUI

# In the Excitation Engine it is now possible to adjust the Finger Release noise amount (the interaction of a finger leaving a vibrating sting)

# The Pickups Modeling (for Single Coil, Humbucker, Steel Plate) has been seriously improved, featuring even more accurate frequency responses, clipping, and simulating pickups interactions with the Electric Guitars' Tone knobs

# The Pitch Bending Engine has been updated to version 2.0 : now it is possible to simulate both a "Whammy Bar" or a "Finger Slide" action, with an extended range that goes from +-1 up to +-7 semitones. For all the details, check out the user manual

# The Pitch Bending "note retrig issue" has been fixed

# The Pitch Bending is now properly linked on the GUI side

# The Damping Detune Compensation Engine has been updated to version 2.0

# The Distorton and Overdrive Stomps have been sligthly improved

# The 3-band Equalizer Rack Effect has been improved

# All Factory Presets/Banks have been updated

# All the additional "KeyPerformer-ready" presets have been embedded into the main soundbank. They are labeled with the suffix "[KP]". The "[KP]" labeled presets simply represent a specific electric guitar's setting (selecting the proper plectrum material, picking position, etc. - and the same is for the FX, Stomps, Cabinets, etc.) and they are especially designed to be a quick way to perform strums, power chords, palm-muted chords and chunks, etc. through the KeyPerformer Engine. Just load a "[KP]" labeled preset, select "KeyPerformer" as Input Mode and start performing true-to-life phrases without the hassle of setting each parameter manually

# The product installer has also been updated

IronAxe version 1.8 is available now for download, free of charge for all registered users.

The Product :
http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php?page=ironaxe

List of Changes :
http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php ... ouncements

xhunaudio wrote:[ EDIT : Discussion on the Product Release starts from Page 4 ]

Just published details on Xhun Audio upcoming product IronAxe.

The result of two years of research and development, IronAxe is a high-end Physical Modeling simulation of one of the most popular and loved electro-acoustic instruments : the Electric Guitar.

Product Overview , Technology , Images , Features List and first Audio demo can be found at http://www.xhun-audio.com

For infos, questions or suggestions feel free to join the discussion in this thread, on our Facebook / Twitter pages or email us at contact@xhun-audio.com

I hope IronAxe will inspire you!

Bruno
Hi. I downloaded ironaxe demo and had to delete it because the beeping was too often and annoying. It wouldn't let me load it in Studio One 64 bit, so I rewired Reaper into S1 and it loaded as x86 bridged version. I think the demo download only had one dll for it. The other files look like Synthedit.

Hi Musical Gym,
Musical Gym wrote:Hi. I downloaded ironaxe demo and had to delete it because the beeping was too often and annoying.
The beeping is not invasive in my opinion, it occurs only every 45-50 seconds and its amplitude is not loud at all (adjusted years ago, thanks to the users feedbacks here on KVRAudio forum, if I remember fine :)). Obviously the full version has not this limitation, but hei, the demo version it's a... demo version...:). Another limitation of the demo is that the Low E string is disabled.
Musical Gym wrote:It wouldn't let me load it in Studio One 64 bit, so I rewired Reaper into S1 and it loaded as x86 bridged version.
Native 64 bit for Windows is coming I spent the last 2 years focusing on the code replacement, just wait for a little more please.

Thanks for reply; I won't test demo due to reasons I specified.

Return to “Instruments”