2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Galbanum wrote: (Jodorowsky's version would probably have required Psilocybin or DMT to understand :D ) You will be left with many questions.
I believe his plan was to make a movie you could watch INSTEAD of taking drugs! The comics he made from the source material certainly skew in that direction :borg:

Just kidding about my wife. She is a musician also and probably my biggest fan (who will also tell me when she thinks I'm on a wrong track, or actually full of sh*t... :) )

secretkillerofnames wrote: I believe his plan was to make a movie you could watch INSTEAD of taking drugs! The comics he made from the source material certainly skew in that direction :borg:
Well that's a great idea! I support that. In fact, Kaleidoscope might eventually end up being the first federally scheduled music software. LOL :D

however if you have seen El Topo or The Sacred Mountain, you will know Jodorowsky is a pretty weird dude. :wink:

I am not generally personally a fan of drugs. I think they are "cheating" in some way, and generally simply "steal energy from the future to concentrate it in the present". Inevitably it must be paid back -- almost always with a level of interest that amounts to usury...

Galbanum wrote:
however if you have seen El Topo or The Sacred Mountain, you will know Jodorowsky is a pretty weird dude. :wink:
Holy Mountain is one of my favourite films! My deal with drugs is once the doors of perception are open - they shouldn't need re-opening. :)

Galbanum wrote:
jtenney wrote:Speaking of waveforms, Andrew, I have a question regarding the Architectural Waveforms 2010 package, which I bought. It seems like KS does not consider it a "library expansion" that can be imported all at once, since that can't be done via the dropdown menu. Does one "import preset package," and do it folder by folder, since KS doesn't want to import nested subfolders of the whole library? Or is there another way that is staring me in the face?
Right. It has not been made a package. I did not make any special format of the 64-bit Waveforms for KS. So when you download it you get a zip file. You unzip it. This will create a folder strtureu like this:

Architecture Waveforms 2010 Wav64
----Architecture Waveforms 2010 Wav64
----Documentation

You should move this second level "Architecture Waveforms 2010 Wav64" folder to:

..../2CAudio Resource Library/Waveform Library/

You should probably rename it to something shorter also (my proclivity for verbosity got the best of me here... :dog: ) so that the whole title fits within the browser column space in KS.

So something like: "Architecture Waveforms 2010"

Maybe I will make a KS specific download for this, using the pacakge import features... but then it is tricky to make it easy to use the 64bit wavs for things other than KS.
jtenney wrote: Thanks! And btw, KS is just about the most exciting new development in sound that I've seen in quite a while! The possibilities really seem, literally, endless...
Thanks! :tu: I think it more or less is provably endless...

But that doesn't stop us from planning even more stuff to it. :ud:
they dont show up in the tuning menu for me

jackmazzotti wrote: they dont show up in the tuning menu for me
when then, ya ain't doing it right... :)

You should take the second level folder... the one that only contains sub-folders and waveforms. NOT the root that contains this folder and also the Documentation folder...

KS needs to be reloaded then before they will show up. KS does not know what you do in the finder/explorer...

secretkillerofnames wrote: once the doors of perception are open - they shouldn't need re-opening. :)
:tu:

Decided to have some fun with some samples I recently recorded of interactions between ice, water, and glass. The result is experimental peice I threw together: https://soundcloud.com/voice303/broken-kaleidoscope

All audio is Kaleidoscope, the only effect used was Valhalla Shimmer on the master. Its crazy the amount of sonic diversity you can get out of this thing...

One thing with Bitwig though, often whenever I adjust the nobs / settings a loud clipping noise is noticable until you change more settings and it goes away. I think it may have to do with Bitwig's latency compensation, not sure.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Galbanum wrote:
jackmazzotti wrote: they dont show up in the tuning menu for me
when then, ya ain't doing it right... :)

You should take the second level folder... the one that only contains sub-folders and waveforms. NOT the root that contains this folder and also the Documentation folder...

KS needs to be reloaded then before they will show up. KS does not know what you do in the finder/explorer...
I put the waveform folder that has all the additional individual waveforms folders in the waveform library folder

i am not seeing any waveform library in the tuning menu period

>i am not seeing any waveform library in the tuning menu period

waveforms are available when you select waveform tuning modes.

Regards,
Denis (2CAudio)

yes please make some videos, somehow i dont get this plugin, i added it to a loop and switched through presets and found it ok, but nothing wow. i must have used it wrong!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The WOW comes with a delay.

Sampleconstruct wrote:The WOW comes with a delay.
.. and a reverb :wink:

Caine123 wrote:yes please make some videos, somehow i dont get this plugin, i added it to a loop and switched through presets and found it ok, but nothing wow. i must have used it wrong!
It can do all different kinds of crazy timbres and effects, just be creative with it.

If you are just looking for normal effects plenty are are included, check out the FX section. That's only a smart part of what is possible with this tool however :tu:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

2ca wrote:>i am not seeing any waveform library in the tuning menu period

waveforms are available when you select waveform tuning modes.

Regards,
Denis (2CAudio)
This is key info. It took me quite a while to solve this one myself. A friendly suggestion: it might be helpful to flesh out the waveforms as tunings section of the manual. That is where I looked for a clue first. 8)
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Return to “Effects”