Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

Looks great, Andrew!

New UI looks great. So am I hearing we'll have 2 updates to The Glue this year? One with AAX, new CPU, and new UI, and another update with possible sound enhancements and some new features?

I'm honestly still amazed at how well The Glue holds up even after all this time. Every time I think I should try the Slate FG Grey on a mix or drum buss, I find myself going back to The Glue. I just don't like the compression on the Slate version. I think the IK version has a nice weight to it that isn't in The Glue, but The Glue still gets used more as it's more flexible and works on everything.

Anyway, looking very forward to the updates. Probably my most used plugin over the last 5 years.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Anyway, looking very forward to the updates. Probably my most used plugin over the last 5 years.
Same here. The Glue is a classic.

I've fined tuned the gui a little bit now, toned down the reflections on the knobs as well as a few other little improvements, thanks for the feedback!

The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:New UI looks great. So am I hearing we'll have 2 updates to The Glue this year? One with AAX, new CPU, and new UI, and another update with possible sound enhancements and some new features?
Yes there will be two updates, the first will have a new GUI render, AAX and VST3 support, a scalable interface, and new password protected copy protection to support AAX. The second release will have new features, and I'll increment the version number to The Glue v2 - which will be a free update to all customers.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I'm honestly still amazed at how well The Glue holds up even after all this time. Every time I think I should try the Slate FG Grey on a mix or drum buss, I find myself going back to The Glue. I just don't like the compression on the Slate version. I think the IK version has a nice weight to it that isn't in The Glue, but The Glue still gets used more as it's more flexible and works on everything.

Anyway, looking very forward to the updates. Probably my most used plugin over the last 5 years.
Excellent, thanks for the positive feedback!
Last edited by andy-cytomic on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Andy

1) Are we talking about a long wait for the new features? (just curious)

2) What did you think of my idea, of the clip button lighting up a little when you're clipping. A bit of visual feedback that isn't the red light, which makes me think I'm doing something bad! (not that this is terribly important)
Last edited by Aiynzahev on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Man, 7 years. My goodness how time flies.

Aiynzahev wrote:Hi Andy

1) Are we talking about a long wait for the new features? (just curious)

2) What did you think of my idea, of the clip button lighting up a little when you're clipping. A bit of visual feedback that isn't the red light, which makes me think I'm doing something bad! (not that this is terribly important)
1) probably around mid year
2) The peak clip led shows the level of clipping. It glows yellow when the peak clip button is off, this shows you that the output signal is near 0 dBFs. When the peak clip is on the peak clip led will glow red to show you that clipping is happening. This is how it currently is in The Glue and it will remain the same (apart from the led being clear when not glowing either colour).

Does the vst3 version support vst3 sidechaining so that Cubase users can have easy sidechaining?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Wow these are some serious good news ! Gorgeous GUI, reminds me of the Softube's ones (which are pure beauty to me !). Like Aiynzahev, I wish I had a visual feedback in the "clip section" but it seems that it won't happen, well that's not a big deal anyway...thanks for your hard work Andy ! :)

Ah_Dziz wrote:Does the vst3 version support vst3 sidechaining so that Cubase users can have easy sidechaining?
It will when it's done!

Endor-8o8 wrote:Wow these are some serious good news ! Gorgeous GUI, reminds me of the Softube's ones (which are pure beauty to me !). Like Aiynzahev, I wish I had a visual feedback in the "clip section" but it seems that it won't happen, well that's not a big deal anyway...thanks for your hard work Andy ! :)
There is already visual feedback for the clipping going on! It is the Peak Clip LED right on the bottom of the VU display. Please read my previous post describing it.

PS: yes I love some of the Softube GUIs, mostly the ones where they copied actual gear, the texturing on those looks fantastic.

PPS: it makes most sense to have the visual feedback for the clipping near the makeup gain, since this is the knob used to adjust it.

andy-cytomic wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:Wow these are some serious good news ! Gorgeous GUI, reminds me of the Softube's ones (which are pure beauty to me !). Like Aiynzahev, I wish I had a visual feedback in the "clip section" but it seems that it won't happen, well that's not a big deal anyway...thanks for your hard work Andy ! :)
There is already visual feedback for the clipping going on! It is the Peak Clip LED right on the bottom of the VU display. Please read my previous post describing it.

PS: yes I love some of the Softube GUIs, mostly the ones where they copied actual gear, the texturing on those looks fantastic.

PPS: it makes most sense to have the visual feedback for the clipping near the makeup gain, since this is the knob used to adjust it.
Yes I know that Andy. It's just that, to me, it makes more sense to have it near the clip section. But it's very subjective, so I totally understand your will to keep the original red led near the VU. And I also understand your logic too ! :)

Also crazy about Softube's gui gear clones (Tube-Tech and Summit). Your revision of The Glue reminds me of this steel/shiny Softube look.
Very impressive to see how you're able to create amazing pieces of soft and design such good looking gui at the same time. I hope we'll see more devices
from you in a near future.

Long live Cytomic ! :tu:

PS : have you ever thought about creating a hardware version of the Glue ?

andy-cytomic wrote:1) probably around mid year
Any estimated time for this UI improvements and new formats?

Somebody else is seriously thinking of making a hardware version of the G-SSL. Me. ;) And stereo linked 1176 for that matter. I'm going crazy about analogue lately. And it's not so complicated to make these nor that expensive. :tu: Just google "diy g-ssl". Of course, that doesn't make The Glue obsolete at all because one can always use a few instances of SSL compressor in the mix and I'm not going to make more of them, at least for now. :lol:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Effects”