Is there a midi plugin effect for creating rolls/rhythms from 1 key press..??? 1/16, 1/32, 1/16t.etc

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

I do hip hop and trap music. One of the biggest characteristics of that music is lots of fast rolls, especially hi hat rolls, and secondarily snare and tom rolls..

The hi hat patterns can get especially tediously complex with lots of rhythms and rolls and time signatures in one loop.

Im sure most people do this by programming the rhythms manually by clicking them into a piano roll, however, i am terrible at making any kind of music with my mouse, i make all my parts by playing them on my keyboard, being able to "play" the parts with my keys enables me to "feel" the beat and be effective in writing my music, i cannot stand clicking things in with a mouse, and it is very difficult and tedious and usually ineffective for me. However, playing 32nd and 64th notes and things like that is impossible to do for me manually on my keyboard..

I am looking for some kind of midi plugin that will let me lets say press a button, or assign a pc key to a button, and just hold down one midi keyboard key to do a consistent rhythm.. for example, if my C is assigned to the closed hi hat, i can just hold C on my midi keyboard, then lets say for example hold down "x" on my computer keyboard and 1/16th notes are generated, then while still holding down c, then press "c" on my computer keyboard and it turns into 1/16t, then lets say still holding it press "v" on my computer keyboard and generate 1/32nd notes.. so i could just hold down one key on my midi keyboard and alternate options on the midi effect to create complex variations in teh rolling hi hat rhythm....

i hope you can understand what im saying..

when i say "midi effect" im talking about like, i use Ableton Live, they have "midi effects" like "chord" "arpeggiator" "transpose" etc..

Anyone know of a plugin like this?

also if there is no plugin for this, is there any way to create this effect somehow ?

This could help, i guess

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/eff ... tter-edit/

There must be loads more...
no sig

Uzi Note Repeater
it is M4L, and it does exactly what you want...but you may still need to adjust your automation curves...all that said- it DOES make things much easier for 5 bucks ;]

Not 100% sure, but couldn't you use a regular arpeggiator to do this. Either by just using one key or spreading the same sample over several keys?

Noticed this Effect/Feature was added to Groove Agent 4.2 New Features...

From 5:57 in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrBHgIrqowg#t=358

This quite easy to do all in ableton... Drop what ever hihat/sound into a drum rack then drop an arp midi device onto that same hihat/sound, adjust the arp to whatever setting you want want 1/16,1/32, etc.... Now when trigger that sound it will roll perfectly in time.... To take it a step further you can now copy that pad into another one and change the settings of the arp.... Do this until you have all settings wanted...
Last edited by Smack Dammit on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

from me simple miniseries not so simple hyperion

key press gates sequence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUhAIlrqZHE
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Effects”