Kontakt 6 - any rumors about release?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt

Is there chance that Kontakt 6 will morph into an Alchemy/Machfive like VSTi? :roll:

Kalamata Kid wrote:Is there chance that Kontakt 6 will morph into an Alchemy/Machfive like VSTi? :roll:
Supporting other forms of synthesis?

I doubt it. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:Is there chance that Kontakt 6 will morph into an Alchemy/Machfive like VSTi? :roll:

Yeah...not likely, now that Apple will patenting additive synthesis, subtractive synthesis, granular and spectral resynthesis, oh and sfz based sampling.

Watch your back NI/Steiny/Everyone else.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:
Ben H wrote:

Yeah...not likely, now that Apple will patenting additive synthesis, subtractive synthesis, granular and spectral resynthesis, oh and sfz based sampling.

Watch your back NI/Steiny/Everyone else.
FFS can't we leave the Alchemy sh!t to the Alchemy thread?

It's getting beyond the joke now that it has to be mentioned up in EVERY fcukin thread! :bang: :bang: :bang:
Last edited by Ben H on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:

I think NI would pull back from having a one stop shop sampler as it could pull sales away from other products they sell. Though I would love Kontakt to have some synth modules in it.

...I would really like it to have some ring modulation or FM possibilities, but I think, this and other synth options are very unlikely, as NI's portfolio has a number of sample/synth options. For instance, Absynth can load samples, both Absynth and FM( are available as FX units (sadly not Massive), Guitar Rig has synth modules and there is, of course, Reaktor. I could be wrong, but I think, considering the Komplete portfolio, which I regard as their reference point for developing, they will focus on other things than synthesis for the future of Kontakt...

(...and I really hope we will see a dedicated NI filter plug-in one day!!!)

loachm wrote:(...and I really hope we will see a dedicated NI filter plug-in one day!!!)
There's Driver...

how about some more filters modeling classic synths? I know there are already some available, but we want more!

And what about cross modulations from 1 group sample to another group? I wish I can do that?

Also I want a bigger GUI, at least an option to go wilder than 632px.

Other than that, Kontakt is really awesome!

mandolarian wrote:Let's get our own rumours going.
Ooh, I love this game!

I've heard something about an authentic This Plugin emulation mode.

And a supersaw.

I sympathise. I currently have K3 full and K5 player. I too am holding off for K6 (and have been since 2013!)

The usual answer given seems to be "just use the latest & get the most out of it - no rush to upgrade immediately", but it can be so frustrating knowing that as more time that passes the next release is ever closer.

But.. for me it's not even about the money, as it's well worth that. It's the fact if I start building projects with K5 now and K6 comes along in a few weeks there will be projects that I'll need to convert or keep K5 and its library installed forever.. the disc space just gets crazy.

I have been through this before as I actually bought K4; didn't have enough disc space for it (back at that time) and by the time I had a bigger drive K5 was out and some libraries I bought subsequently demanded that version of the player.

I hope Kontakt 6 will be come with and good internal script editor like Sublime Text 3!
+ de 500 Tutoriels MAO :

http://www.tuto-mao-guitare.com

The longer Native Instruments take to release Kontakt 6 (Reaktor 6 and Absynth 6) the higher our/my expectations of the new features set becomes. My expectations for Alchmey 2 had become so astronomical and thus unrealistic it would have been a major letdown if it were ever released.

Yes I would have loved to have been disappointed. :D

I really hope that there won't be a Kontakt 6. Instead Kontakt 5 should get free updates like Windows 10.
There won't be a Windows 11. So I really hope there won't be a Kontakt 6. It would be even better if there won't be a Komplete 11. Instead free updates for Komplete 10.

There will be Kontakt 6.

drewsonix wrote: But.. for me it's not even about the money, as it's well worth that. It's the fact if I start building projects with K5 now and K6 comes along in a few weeks there will be projects that I'll need to convert or keep K5 and its library installed forever..
Why don't you rename it to kontakt by erasing the release number, and just put it back when it's update time ?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”