Is Reason 8 With Rewire Worth Using To You?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OMG 11venty! I finally figured out how to get the impulse to lock and control the mixer :hyper: That was bummin' me out.

EnGee wrote:
hibidy wrote:What I don't like is that you can't double click on a track in the arrangement and go to the rack :roll:
This is true, also when you select instruments in the rack, it doesn't select the track associated with, so you only can play the instrument after you select it in the tracks view (sequencer) unless there is a shortcut or modifier combination I don't know about.

There are other minor things, like how to select a row in the piano roll, say selecting all in Kick 1 so you move it to Kick 2.

But all these mini negative things, didn't affect my love for the overall workflow. Damn it! I must not think of Reason anymore, or I will end up purchasing it again (mostly I will do after few months!). I still have the demo of it (after de-authorizing my computer) so I continue learning it :)
That is correct, there is no hidden way you don't know about. Instruments to be played live can only be chosen from the arrange page, there should be an option "lock rack to arrange page selection", like "auto group" that we already have for example, i.e, we can turn it off and on via key command, totally user choice. But (and i am not being a smart ass here), that WILL come and props will actually use it to advertise it as a huge workflow feature, as they are known to do.

and yeah you definitely can't double click, and i am still trying to do that, get to the rack by double clicking on devices in the arrange LOL

I have no idea why I like this so much. It's not logical.

learning Reason...

Reason has a very good manual, so just mention the book above maybe somebody doesn't know it http://www.reason101.net/products/reaso ... ason-rack/ anyway it's a very good book
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”