One Synth Challenge #71: Hive by u-he (Jasinski wins! 2+ hours of epic music)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is my first time enterting. I posted a track last night, but it's not on the page yet. Does it need to be approved? Is there someting esle I need to do?

Thanks,
Yavn

Yavn wrote:This is my first time enterting. I posted a track last night, but it's not on the page yet. Does it need to be approved? Is there someting esle I need to do?

Thanks,
Yavn
Yes, the Soundcloud group is moderated. It will be approved shortly. But you also need to announce the track here with the details of what DAW, how many instances, what plugins used, etc.. You can always add a link to the Soundcloud track here. After you have enough posts, it will show the player.

Here's my entry. As noted above this is my 1st entry into OSC.

Using Hive was a blast, although it was more difficult then anticipated to use 1 plug in for everything. After listeing to most the tracks posted, I'm blown away by the talent and how awesome Hive is.

https://soundcloud.com/seth-mendelsohn/into-the-stars

I used Digital Performer 8 with 13 instances of Hive. The DP default delay was used on 2 of the tracks. The sounds were from the KVR Hive PatchLib - Thank you KVR community!

Thanks for listening,
Yavn

Not a bad start. Nice Jarre Strings. :D

Yavn wrote:Here's my entry. As noted above this is my 1st entry into OSC.

Using Hive was a blast, although it was more difficult then anticipated to use 1 plug in for everything. After listeing to most the tracks posted, I'm blown away by the talent and how awesome Hive is.

https://soundcloud.com/seth-mendelsohn/into-the-stars

I used Digital Performer 8 with 13 instances of Hive. The DP default delay was used on 2 of the tracks. The sounds were from the KVR Hive PatchLib - Thank you KVR community!

Thanks for listening,
Yavn

Hi Yavn,
this is also just my second month at OSC and I used the sounds of the community too, 'cause these guys here are really marvelous in sound design. :eek:
Greetings
Erich
btw: Like your track!

Hello, here is my One Osc 71 challenge Uhe Hive tune, hope you enjoy it :) Good luck to all competitors!

I made this with Cubase 6.5 and Uhe Hive synth. All sounds are from init.

19 instances

Effects used,

Host:
Envelope shaper*3
DualFilter*2
Compressor*4
EQ*3
StudioEQ*1
BitCrusher*2
RoomWorksReverb*4
PinPongDelay*4
Reverence*1
DaTube*1
Distortion*1
StereoDelay*1
GEQ30*1
MultibandCompressor*1

3rd part free:
reaFir*1
Limiter6*3
ElysiaNiveauFilter*1
MStereoExpander*1
MEqualizer*1
reaEq*1

https://soundcloud.com/jkflashico/jk-fl ... fight-back

**JK Flashico***

General question - are these competitions typically announced right before the 1st of the month? I enjoyed this and would like to take part in more (assuming the plugs are available for Mac).

The osc is every month. :)

mkd wrote:General question - are these competitions typically announced right before the 1st of the month? I enjoyed this and would like to take part in more (assuming the plugs are available for Mac).
And yes, they're announced immediately prior to the first of the month to give you a couple days to get acquainted with the synth.

Just wanted to say, there are some really great songs in this OSC. Today I have been listening to a few that I hadn't had a chance to listen to yet. There's some tough competition out there, wow! You guys are good. :)

Agreed Examigan!

jasinski wrote:Agreed Examigan!
Definitely :party:

Is it all right to work on the project in two daws? Like written in one then arranging the streamed channels in another?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Examigan wrote:Just wanted to say, there are some really great songs in this OSC...
I can agree to that! This weekend I listend to all tracks closely. In comparison to previous OSCs I would nearly give only 4 and 5 points! The avarage level is much higher. To use the full scale of the rating system I have to be much more rigorous.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Tjgoa wrote:Is it all right to work on the project in two daws? Like written in one then arranging the streamed channels in another?
Is that like rewire? Explain a bit more what the process is, thanks :tu:

You're free to use as many DAWS as long as nothing is recorded / sampled / bounced to be processed further.

Return to “Instruments”