FL Studio most stable version...?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is currently the most stable / bug free / fastest version of FL studio?

I have FL10 and am considering to update to 11. If 11 is stable, which do you think is more stable/secure, the 32bit or 64bit version?

I do most of the work currently with Ableton Live 9 64bit and JBridge but it is very slow with a lot of VST plugs. Havent touched FL for a while but now thinking about using FL again :)

I've been using FL 11 when it came out and never had any problems. I use 32bit and therefore I also use only 32bit plugins as Bridged plugins add a bit to cpu. Keep in mind that FL has its own bridge so you don't need to use jbridge. 64bit have some problems for people here and there but nothing really major as far as I know. I would only recommend if you use 32bit daw use 32bit plugins and vice versa if 64bit.

Why 11 should not be stable? It is an official version for the enduser.

If you have any concerns why not dl the Demo?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I have used fl years. Simply answer, there is no stable version at all. They all crash many times. FL is extremely bad handling third party plugins. They are those, what cause it crashing, mostly. And of course FL blames "badly coded plugins", when same time those "badly coded plugins" are 99.9% stable like at S1, or cubase or whatsoever. Where FL crash many times in month, S1 crash mostly one time in month most of the time it doesnt crash at all.

The answer is the one without third party plugins.

FL 11.1 32 bit is solid like a rock,
I'm on fl 8 hours per day,7days/week and i don't have Any crash, any, with or without third party vst(i).
Keel, i stop using Studio one for that, too much ram and cpu, too much crash, conclusion, it depend your machine spec or your third party plugins, but for me, Fl is the most stable daw here, and the most flexible, innovative......

a bit offtopic but is there any good solution for plugin delay compensation?

when I have a linear phase EQ on some channel, then I do a sidechain routing with another channel (press the yellow up arrow on pretty much any channel in the mixer), instantly all the channels are not in sync. Automatic delay compensation from mixer is on, but it does not work. Tried this with Pro-Q linear phase which I use usually and also melda productions linear phase.

i use lfo tool on every track for my sidechain, and i don't have any pdc problem; you can do the same with fruity env controller and link it to a balance plug for do the sidechain or a volume tool, or write your sidechain with an automation, or with the lfo controller.... like you want, personaly i avoid linear eq, just proQ in normal mode work great!

keel wrote:I have used fl years. Simply answer, there is no stable version at all. They all crash many times. FL is extremely bad handling third party plugins. They are those, what cause it crashing, mostly. And of course FL blames "badly coded plugins", when same time those "badly coded plugins" are 99.9% stable like at S1, or cubase or whatsoever. Where FL crash many times in month, S1 crash mostly one time in month most of the time it doesnt crash at all.
Rock solid here since years. I use FL and S1. I have many 3rd party plugins.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”