Predetermine Audio Clip length in Ableton Live is Much needed

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Predetermine Audio Clip length in Ableton Live is Much needed. This seems like it would be standard. I NEED this.

I'm not by my computer. can you auto play all the cells as you add them when using follow actions? so as you are adding recordings to each cell you can hear all the other cells you recorded?

Clip length can be set when using Push. And yes, otherwise I agree it's a badly needed feature for non-Push users. This was one of my biggest gripes using Live, and now its one of the reasons I love having the Push controller (but yes, a very expensive fix if you have no other need for Push).

I don't think I understand your second question... (but I'm also in bad need of sleep, so please forgive me).

elxsound wrote:Clip length can be set when using Push. And yes, otherwise I agree it's a badly needed feature for non-Push users. This was one of my biggest gripes using Live, and now its one of the reasons I love having the Push controller (but yes, a very expensive fix if you have no other need for Push).

I don't think I understand your second question... (but I'm also in bad need of sleep, so please forgive me).
Thank you :) isn't there a small limitation with the push option though? can't remember where I read it. or if it's even true. hibidy? I want Push. Tons of useful stuff in there.

can you auto play all the cells as you add them when using follow actions? so as you are adding recordings to each cell you can hear all the other cells you recorded?

what I mean is. you can use the follow actions to automatically record a sequence of clips in a specific order. I'm just wondering if you can have each clip you record.. loop so you can hear all your clips you just recorded as you are recording more clips. Like a looper pedal.

It is limited to a choice between, 2 bars, 4 bars, 8 bars or 16 bars.

Now I get... I've never tried recording using follow actions, but will give it a try later tonight. Now I'm curious.

elxsound wrote:It is limited to a choice between, 2 bars, 4 bars, 8 bars or 16 bars.

Now I get... I've never tried recording using follow actions, but will give it a try later tonight. Now I'm curious.
what a strange limitation? yeah follow actions is cool. let me know what you think!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”