IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

That's a fine freebie, Peter, including strings, brass, woodwinds and voice :tu:

Fleer wrote:That's a fine freebie, Peter, including strings, brass, woodwinds and voice :tu:
Thanks. It rounds out the demo selection to give people a good idea of what SampleTank 3 is capable of and they can go all-in with it and the importable legacy libraries in our Happy New Gear promo that is running. So hopefully there's some savings there (especially if people simply use the sounds that are free to use for whatever period of time and in whatever projects, using the free version).

Am I reading the ST 3 Free page in that you cannot put old libraries into the engine? Or can you?

shadoe42 wrote:Am I reading the ST 3 Free page in that you cannot put old libraries into the engine? Or can you?
You cannot.

jsp1979 wrote:
shadoe42 wrote:Am I reading the ST 3 Free page in that you cannot put old libraries into the engine? Or can you?
You cannot.
Was clear since day one.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

^^^^
If you want to Import old ("legacy") sounds libraries, you need ST3 SE or ST3 Full.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I was afraid of that. Oh well will upgrade eventually.

shadoe42 wrote:I was afraid of that. Oh well will upgrade eventually.
If you are logged in to our site, you should see the best upgrade pricing option for the full version automatically, FYI. I'd also check http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos regularly but at this time the best SampleTank 3 related deal is the All-In Bundle in the Happy New Gear promotion (but you already have some, if not all, of the additional libraries there).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We aren't going to support Snow Leopard at all, but I'm not sure it will not run at all or just won't be supported. They won't likely even test on Snow Leopard if it is less than the minimum spec so best case would be to grab the demo and test and we'll see how it goes at that point.
SampleTank version 3.0.1 will install, launch and run perfectly on OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, I have tried and tested this myself. This is the only version of ST3 that I have been able to run on Snow Leopard, both the standalone application and also the plug-ins in a 64-bit host (ST3 is 64-bit only).

I do not like OSX 10.7 Lion, I use OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard because it is probably the most stable OS there is, and also it is not cluttered with "iPad inspired" features or any unnecessary GUI enhancements that use up valuable system resources needed for recording & music production.
The recording industry has always been outdated when it comes to adopting new software, this is simply because major compatibility issues can arise when updating your OS too soon. Most studios doing critical work in the recording industry won't even upgrade the latest and greatest version of their DAW until they are certain all the bugs have been worked out. This scenario constantly keeps almost every professional studio in the industry using "outdated" or older versions of software.

3.3 still crashes on my system.
I wonder what is so different from those nine x64 IK-M effects that don't?
(Yes, its rhetorical.)

BBFG# wrote:3.3 still crashes on my system.
(Yes, its rhetorical.)

you brought ST 3?

neverenoughfunk wrote:
BBFG# wrote:3.3 still crashes on my system.
(Yes, its rhetorical.)
you brought ST 3?
Oh no, I was able to get a refund on it before it shipped. But there is a 'free' version which I download and try with each new version update. Just in case IK ever figures out what they did that makes some of their 64 bit software work but not the others on my system, then I will decide if it is something I want then. I just finally got around to giving 3.3 a try is all.

ST3 is causing CPU overloads in Logic. I've figured out that it is the FX inserted on the master out. Sad when something as supposedly CPU friendly as this causes more problems than something like Omnisphere, Kontakt or Engine.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:ST3 is causing CPU overloads in Logic. I've figured out that it is the FX inserted on the master out. Sad when something as supposedly CPU friendly as this causes more problems than something like Omnisphere, Kontakt or Engine.
I assume you've reported this at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi but if not, please do and they'll have the devs take a look at what is going on . Thanks.

Future Music didn't quite warm to ST3

Give it 6 out of 10 rating in latest issue (no 291)

Return to “Instruments”