Some thoughts on Foundation of Rhythm Theory

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you are finish crying, I'd like to correct the trick your memory is playing on you with regard to my remark. Here is the context that you seem to have forgotten to take into account:
IncarnateX wrote:
jancivil wrote: .... I am not going to enjoy being bullshitted any better because of Xmas season, sorry.
(....)

Now you take on that patronizing attitude that makes all your knowledge useless and yourself nothing but an aggressive piece of shit who wants to start a fight for the sake of fighting. It is pathetic, lay off.
And I know that you know I am not just talking about the present thread :wink:

Conclusion is that the two of us should not try to have any meaningful conversations at KVR Again. I write my stuff, you write yours, with no cross-references. Can we at least agree to that?

And to sum up my argument, which at this point has been obscured beyond recognition:

1. Sequencers do not take hints from sheets with regard to which feel to favor in polyrhythms, however humans do....
2. Thus, if you want a polyrhythm to be played as neutral as possible (widening the ambiguity the way I like it) you can choose a common parameter (e.g. 12 for a 3 against 4) and further try to remove the barlines to avoid hinting one feel over and above another
3. Principle is easy, just multiply the counts in question e.g. 3 x 4 = 12 and you have the number of beats to fulfill a cyclus, which is a period where all feelings in questions can start and stop within the same period of time and thus have equal impact.

It is that simple!

IncarnateX wrote:So you were just trolling. Fantastic. You win. Now get a life and a purpose with it.

Time for a lock, Mods.
OK I wasn't trolling just probably my writing style would misguided you sorry about that. I'm from non english speaking world and worst of that South Korea we are notorious for not speaking english that well..

You probably got lost where you had to imagine all the impossible to play drum beats from my writings.

But, really, in REALITY would you so naively thought it was that easy thing to play? <-- this would probably you will think as trolling right? Not in south korea.

My ARGUMENT is, it really is THAT HARD. Music is not a hobby. It itself is technically as HARD as Doctor of Medicine. I found that out and I gave that up. But I'm still trying to learn that, you probably found that out and frustrated by it too, because in normal non-musician's sense music is just a thing anybody can do.

Think of Karaoke and Professional Pop Artist. You thought you could rock in Karaoke and you thought you could win Pro's by doing a lot of Karaoke but if you can't play pi : 4 in the sense of Polyrhythm you CANNOT do music. I can, just I suck at it.

Now, it looks like I proved myself as a troll but that's only because you SAID I was troll and you believed it and I'm acting according to that.

Just listen to my writing without troll accent and re think about that.

I hate KVR because all the Karaoke Artists pose as professional Pop Artist. Now I'm angry and trolling because I have right to be angry, it's my freedom and you cannot Mods, Lock it. Sometimes in your life you get that, I get that you ignore it you don't get the life itself.

Now, before you f**k this shit this guy's an asshole, listen to my point and then you might do that.

Music is as hard as Doctor of Medicine. Now, you get a life and get a purpose with it. f**k you sir.

IncarnateX wrote:If you are finish crying, I'd like to correct the trick your memory is playing on you with regard to my remark. Here is the context that you seem to have forgotten to take into account:
IncarnateX wrote:
jancivil wrote: .... I am not going to enjoy being bullshitted any better because of Xmas season, sorry.
(....)

Now you take on that patronizing attitude that makes all your knowledge useless and yourself nothing but an aggressive piece of shit who wants to start a fight for the sake of fighting. It is pathetic, lay off.
And I know that you know I am not just talking about the present thread :wink:

Conclusion is that the two of us should not try to have any meaningful conversations at KVR Again. I write my stuff, you write yours, with no cross-references. Can we at least agree to that?

And to sum up my argument, which at this point has been obscured beyond recognition:

1. Sequencers do not take hints from sheets with regard to which feel to favor in polyrhythms, however humans do....
2. Thus, if you want a polyrhythm to be played as neutral as possible (widening the ambiguity the way I like it) you can choose a common parameter (e.g. 12 for a 3 against 4) and further try to remove the barlines to avoid hinting one feel over and above another
3. Principle is easy, just multiply the counts in question e.g. 3 x 4 = 12 and you have the number of beats to fulfill a cyclus, which is a period where all feelings in questions can start and stop within the same period of time and thus have equal impact.

It is that simple!
Now forget my troll accent and listen.

There are perceptive wierd drum beats, and there are REAL WIERD drum beats. Your ear sucks.

We should all quit KVR and get a life. It only makes good people fight.

Who do we think we are. Musicians? We are posers. I quit KVR.

Go chase some cars on the highway, retard.

Return to “Music Theory”