Now Hive is here, is it RIP Sylenth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Sylenth1

Frantz wrote:
BBFG# wrote:The more the collective becomes centered in a single idiom, the more I lean to all three options being a non-sequitur for me.
:borg: Resistance is futile. You will be absorbed into the EDM collective. You will become a drone - part of the Hive mind. You will fight it at first but it is only a matter of time before you proudly post your EDM demos that you made with Hive in 5 minutes. :ud:
Or I will get a can of hornet/wasp spray and use only when it cannot be otherwise avoided. :wink:

:borg: This aberrant behavior will not be tolerated!

Hive members: Capture drone BBFG# and bring him to the reeducation cell for reprogramming. He must be absorbed into the Hive mind. This will be a difficult case. Set the supersaws on maximum!

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzoff.

Frantz wrote::borg: Set the supersaws on maximum!
... phasers to stun? :ud:

BBFG# wrote:bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzoff.
Hive is getting to you already ;-)

Frantz wrote::borg: This aberrant behavior will not be tolerated!

Hive members: Capture drone BBFG# and bring him to the reeducation cell for reprogramming. He must be absorbed into the Hive mind. This will be a difficult case. Set the supersaws on maximum!
Let's feed him with 160 unisono voices... :party:

Tricky-Loops wrote:Let's feed him with 160 unisono voices... :party:
Yes. If that doesn't work, we will sidechain his brain with huge EDM kicks at 160 BPM. It will soften his brain and make him compliant. Then the reeducation can begin. :borg:

Frantz wrote:...it is only a matter of time before you proudly post your EDM demos that you made with Hive in 5 minutes. :ud:
Seriously, that's really a phenomena in the "Hype preview" thread, everyone seems to make EDM presets and EDM demo songs with 30 seconds now... :o

What is a "Sylenth killer" really? Lennard sort of did that himself by not updating Sylenth to at least keep pace with changing DAW requirements (64-bit, AAX support for example). If something else can come along that has a similar sound, is as easy to program (and not overloaded with options and flexibility), and is well-supported, then I'll gladly use that. I've stopped using Sylenth though I really do miss the ease of use from it - sounds like Urs is focused on that aspect. And I'm thankful for that - I didn't use Zebra or Diva much and sold them recently - too complicated for my simple mind and fast workflow. That's why I like Serum - very easy to program and sounds great. Hoping Hive is similar, but with that Sylenth vibe (tried Dune and didn't find it there).

Well, you've all convinced me to uninstall the beta and bee done with it.
I'll try to get the spouse to give someone her coupon.

:cry: Equal rites for unison.

I didn't use Zebra or Diva much and sold them recently - too complicated for my simple mind and fast workflow. That's why I like Serum - very easy to program and sounds great. Hoping Hive is similar, but with that Sylenth vibe (tried Dune and didn't find it there).
Seriously? You find Diva more complicated than Serum? :o
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

BBFG# wrote:Well, you've all convinced me to uninstall the beta and bee done with it.
Because there's so much talk about it being a Sylenth1 killer or not? :o I wouldn't really care about it, what matters is how it sounds for YOU, and if you feel the need for another such plugin, which i personally would very much make dependent on how it sounds to me. Because i have loads of plugins which do the same, but all sound different.

chk071 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Well, you've all convinced me to uninstall the beta and bee done with it.
Because there's so much talk about it being a Sylenth1 killer or not? :o I wouldn't really care about it, what matters is how it sounds for YOU, and if you feel the need for another such plugin, which i personally would very much make dependent on how it sounds to me. Because i have loads of plugins which do the same, but all sound different.
Played with it some more. I get the whole immediacy thing in programming here, but bottom line is it really isn't doing anything for me that I don't already get from other synths. Not bad in any way.
If it clicks to a certain niche that I don't belong to, then it just helps finalize the decision. In no way was it made solely for that reason. Just looking at these three has been more of an exercise of cognitive disputation to keep GAS where it belongs. I'm sure it will be a success and hope you all get what you want out of it.
So I'm just buzzing out of the thread is all now.
(And someone has already requested the coupon - so no loss to Urs.)

So I'm just buzzing out of the thread is all now.
Goodbyes always sting. :cry:

Return to “Instruments”