Replacement for Waves Plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

I'm relatively new in the topic mixing and producing ITB. However, I discover at a friend of mine some nice plugins which I found really could but with one issue the are from Waves. i don't want to discuss why I don't want buy anything from Waves. Instead I please you to mention some plugins which can replace the following Wave plugins:

H-Delay Hybrid Delay
Doppler
Enigma
MetaFlanger

Thank you
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote:Hi folks,

I'm relatively new in the topic mixing and producing ITB. However, I discover at a friend of mine some nice plugins which I found really could but with one issue the are from Waves. i don't want to discuss why I don't want buy anything from Waves. Instead I please you to mention some plugins which can replace the following Wave plugins:

H-Delay Hybrid Delay
Doppler
Enigma
MetaFlanger

Thank you
Valhalla Ubermod or DMG Pitchfunk should be able to stand in for the last three.

You might want to check out PSP N20. Great multi effect plugin with an excellent routing system that is capable of delays and modulation effects. Also can't go past Reaktor which I use for most of my effects.

I'd say these are the Waves plugins that do not have direct replacement. You could change Metaflanger with any other good sounding flanger but I must say that Waves one is the smoothest sounding I have ever heard.
As other plugins are concerned they are fairly unique.
No signature here!

There are a lot of free delays that seem to do as much, or more than the H-Delay.

But I really enjoy the HoRNeT DeeLay plugin, probably would be closest in 'vibe' to what you're looking for, but it lacks cut off filters, but... who cares. They're cut off filters. I have like 3 thousand versions of filters somewhere in my DAW

I like H-Delay, but PSP Echo is a much better (IMHO) alternative.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

I found the psp42 delay very similar to the h-delay although I've not tried psp echo.
Cubase user, House producer.

http://soundcloud.com/gavin-jackson

itneveris wrote:There are a lot of free delays that seem to do as much, or more than the H-Delay.

But I really enjoy the HoRNeT DeeLay plugin, probably would be closest in 'vibe' to what you're looking for, but it lacks cut off filters, but... who cares. They're cut off filters. I have like 3 thousand versions of filters somewhere in my DAW
Actually one of the ingredients of the "DeeLay secret sauce" are two filters on the delay buffer, a low pass at 12KHz and a high pass at 200Hz :)

Saverio
hornetplugins.com

Ah, I suspected something like it, but didn't knew for sure ;)

Tritik Delay is a pretty good replacement for H Delay...

eareckon erebound is a very good delay matrix.

D16 has some nice effects you might like.
The licensing is so much more simple and quick.

If I were you, I would look at the Soundtoys stuff. If I could do it all over again, I would just buy the full Soundtoys bundle and no other effects(other than reverbs.)

H-Delay Hybrid Delay
Doppler
Enigma
MetaFlanger

Thank you
I agree that the Hybrid delay is very good, so much so I purchased it a while back. It has replaced "Bionic delay" http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_donationware.shtml I was using, which in my opinion is bang on almost identical for features, it's just the Waves one has a few extra options and is slightly smoother with higher feedbacks. But you cant go wrong with bionic or bionic supa delay

H-Delay Hybrid Delay
Doppler
Enigma
MetaFlanger
You can probably replace H-Delay with something else. The new NI freebie Replika would be good candidate, for example.

The others not so much. There's nothing out there like Doppler and Enigma, and MetaFlanger is the smoothest sounding flanger there is.
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”