Antidote - New Rack Extension by Synapse Audio! (1.1. is out now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Antidote

When I owned Reason, Antidote was going to be my Sylenth killer, liked the sound THAT much. If Synapse brought out Antidote in VST/AU I'd buy it instantly

Antidote is a beast! Fortunately Im a Reason user so I use it all the time but lets just say if it was released as a VST Id buy it again just to use it when i'm inside S1 or Samplitude pro x so I could eliminate the need to rewire. Its that good.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Doesn't Dune2 have everything Antidote has?

Right after two years. I can still coax new great sounds out of this. I can safely say this is a going to be a classic.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I've just listened to some Antidote sound demos from Synapse website. I's just me, or Antidote has different "character" compared to Dune2? These demos sound warmer and have more presence or whatever compared to what I usually hear from Dune2 (sorry for the vague definitions). Maybe that's because Reason's mixer has built-in saturation or something?

For some reason I used to think that both synths have the same basic sound engine.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I didn't demo Antidote yet, but yeah, judging from the sound demos, it sounds quite a bit more raw. Really liked the sound demos.

How long will the sale for Antidote and GQ-7 last?

thejonsolo wrote:Doesn't Dune2 have everything Antidote has?
From the top of my head, yes. Don't remember if the wavetables are the same though, but afaik what you can do with Antidote should be doable on DUNE2, although it might require a different approach in some cases.

Antidote is really straightforward though, only the FX have shared controls. I think that is one of it's strengths, that it's so quick to work with.

It's still by far my favorite RE.

loungepanda wrote:How long will the sale for Antidote and GQ-7 last?
GQ-7 is until 2015-01-01, I'm guessing the same for Antidote.

eXode wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:Doesn't Dune2 have everything Antidote has?
From the top of my head, yes. Don't remember if the wavetables are the same though, but afaik what you can do with Antidote should be doable on DUNE2, although it might require a different approach in some cases.

Antidote is really straightforward though, only the FX have shared controls. I think that is one of it's strengths, that it's so quick to work with.

It's still by far my favorite RE.
Thinking about it/analyzing it some more there are some small differences. Antidote has a Digital Sawtooth waveform (next to the Analog Sawtooth) that supposedly is modeled after the JP8000, with a HP filter coupled to it's modifier. Antidote also have Saw-Triangle, and Sine-Triangle waveshaping/crossfading waveforms, as well as a Ring Mod type waveform where the modifier sets the pitch offset of one of the waveforms +/- one octave (iirc). Theses could probably be recreated in DUNE2 as wavetables though.

Nice video i found which features the possibilities of Antidote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pM_BuJGpfc

Dunno why, but every now and then i have to think of Antidote even though i don't own Reason (or rather don't own a version which can load RE's). Especially the GUI with everything laid out so fantastically clear is really appealing, and like the sound also.

Probably the lowest price yet on Antidote, now $69 until May 29

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -antidote/

Return to “Instruments”