Art Pyrite - new synthesizer by Artvera

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Art Pyrite

dreadnought wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Imagine whilst you're eating your 3 pizzas for $60, other people in this world have $60 for the whole month... :shrug:
Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about third-world electronic music hobbyists here. If they have to save for months to buy a Synthedit plugin, how long will it take them to save up for a computer to run it on? :hyper:
:hihi: :hihi:

Artvera wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Imagine whilst you're eating your 3 pizzas for $60, other people in this world have $60 for the whole month... :shrug:
Such people do not have the computer if they have $60 for the whole month. So they are not worried for any synthesizer for any price.
Here are people who can spend $60 infrequently because they have computer, internet connection, television and everything what they can venture.
Even here are people who can spend their money for such software like Omnisphere and similar software in this cost category.
Maybe these people can realize that they can get similar sounds for smaller money at cheaper software but they need to boast about expensive equipment :wink:
dreadnought wrote: Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about third-world electronic music hobbyists here. If they have to save for months to buy a Synthedit plugin, how long will it take them to save up for a computer to run it on? :hyper:
:hihi: :hihi:
Sometimes I ponder just who the third world country is, sometimes coming to a conclusion that it is my own. ;) However, we currently have a system which is supplying low income families with said computers while refusing to give them even $60. per person for such luxuries as food.

Good thinking, BBFG#.

It's kind of funny, that we don't know if $60 represents your one evening beer money or somebody's earnings from long hard work. The scale is a bit... different then. :D

I still think that actual products should be priced so that the maker of the product gets more than the banking operations who transfer the payment.

Btw, my credit card balance allows a new bout of GAS so I've paid now that $60 and eagerly waiting the full version... :D

You can make your own pizzas in Synthedit! Get the free DH convertor modules.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

There is something Liberace about the interface 8)

RunBeerRun wrote:You can make your own pizzas in Synthedit! Get the free DH convertor modules.
I think NuSofting already may have done that ;)

http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/electronics.html

Your words are not very encouraging ... :(
I wrote here that I was not sure if there will be any interest about Pyrite when the market is so much overfull ...
Maybe I should direct my interest to different things and to care not more about any music products already .... :(
Vera,

Do not let anyone's comments get you down. Anyone who makes anything, I do not care what it is, does it for one reason - love.

You either love what you do or, well, do something else.

You obviously love what you do, it shows.

I'm sorry but: OMG Vera!!

This was just what I was looking for! :o

This is instant ambient/new age/cosmic, holistic soundscapes!

I've heard sounds that would fit very well on e.g. TD's Phaedra & Rubicon! Also a little bit towards the style of Gandalf! (All my favourites!)

Such beauty ... . :love:

Every patch tells a story ... a story that I very much like listening to!

BTW I have a tip to even enhance the sonic bliss. Try this:

When holding notes from one preset, then switch to another preset. This way you get a sort of an 'in-between' sound with characteristics of both presets.

An example from the free version:

- first choose patch "Silky Voices - VK"

- play and hold a few notes

- switch to patch "Supernova - VK"

the result is Mindblowing!!

And when you do this from "Supernova - VK" to "Silky Voices - VK" you'll get a nice sort of water-like sound!

Also switching between "Midnight Sun -VK", "Night City - VK" and "Noise Tick - VK" give very interesting results

Try it out, hours of fun! :D

Those are perishable sounds though, when you lift from the keys it is gone, so it's truly 'Art' :D

Anyways ... tried the free version and bought instantly! :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :) :hug:

Z.

I'm deeply shocked about the insensitive comments about "third-world electronic music hobbyists"... The same people who are donating a few bucks for poor kids in Africa at the Christmas time, are bitching about poor people, taking their dignity away. :x

Even in Germany there are more than enough poor people who cannot buy every Synthedit synth for $60 just because ArtVera created it with dedication... When I have $60 remaining at the end of the month, I have to think about what I really need to make music...so $60 is A LOT of money, not just 3 pizzas, for $60 I can survive for nearly 2 weeks...

And then imagine, ArtVera, you have a computer and speakers and mixer and mic and software, but suddenly you loose your job and you're jobless, and you have some health problems, too, so you cannot do every work - it's easy in Germany to fall from the middle class into poverty!

Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm deeply shocked about the insensitive comments about "third-world electronic music hobbyists"...
Tricky, it was you that brought this up in the first place as part of some bizarre attempt to imply that the price for Pyrite is too much. I don't see you in the u-He forums arguing that Urs' synths are too expensive because poor people can't afford them.

The price of Pyrite is whatever ArtVera decides it should be - if you don't like it, don't buy it. If you can't afford it there is a very generous free version available. And please, no more comments about SynthEdit - there a plenty of developers offering SynthEdit plugins at comparable prices.

One world, not three

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDDsqJMFGrY

It is nevertheless a very dated term, as the second world used to be the Soviet bloc, which has been gone for some time.

cubanoid wrote:There a plenty of developers offering SynthEdit plugins at comparable prices.
Where are they? Many Synthedit programmers even give away their once commercial synths & effects for free now, think of DelaMancha, Ugo, Chris Kerry, HGFortune (NFG series) etc.

If I had so much hope in Synthedit, I would have learned to program with it but there are already hundreds of Synthedit synths out there, nobody is waiting for a Tricky Loop synth... :cry:

And my math knowledge isn't good enough to program with C++!

Anyway, as I said, it's ArtVera's decision to set the price but it's my decision to criticize it... :shrug:

I just got angry when I read "$60, that's like 3 pizzas" - because who is eating a pizza priced $20? When I buy a freezed pizza, it costs around $3, not $20, and a pizza in a restaurant costs between $6 and $12...

...so if I ate a freezed pizza for $3 every day, I could survive for 20 days...

We need the Tricky synth! It's just midi to cv-into oscillator-into adsr-into level adjust-into io mod

it's easy
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:We need the Tricky synth! It's just midi to cv-into oscillator-into adsr-into level adjust-into io mod

it's easy
Take care of your speakers, it will loop everything ad infinitum! :o

Tricky-Loops wrote:Where are they? Many Synthedit programmers even give away their once commercial synths & effects for free now, think of DelaMancha, Ugo, Chris Kerry, HGFortune (NFG series) etc.
TubeOhm and MaxSynths are the ones I first thought of but according to KVR there are plenty more:

http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php?search=1& ... &p1=50&p2=

No idea how successful they are but I guess that's up to them. :)

Return to “Instruments”