A good non-bloated sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shortcircuit

Was looking for a good soft-sampler as EXS24 does not offers what I need. So I looked at Iris 2, Kontakt, Independence Free, MachFive, Absynth and Structure. However I find them all very bloated. It are studios on their own, Independence can even load VST's within the plugin. Overkill for me. So I wonder if anyone could recommend me a good non-bloated soft-sampler. Already looked at Nuance and I quite liked it, but I want to know what the other samplers out there look like.
Dúnedain

Shortcircuit
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dúnedain wrote: I looked at Iris 2, Kontakt, Independence Free, MachFive, Absynth and Structure.
Calling Absynth a soft-sampler is a stretch. :P
Anyway, I'd recommend IL DirectWave (you can even load it as an effect, to record a channel / in DAWs that support that), but Nuance looks like a good option too.

What exactly do you find "bloated"?

Tried CWItec's TX16Wx yet?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Or this one?

Numanoid wrote:Shortcircuit
Yes, but it is not supported anymore, is it?

T-CM11 wrote:
Dúnedain wrote: I looked at Iris 2, Kontakt, Independence Free, MachFive, Absynth and Structure.
Calling Absynth a soft-sampler is a stretch. :P
Anyway, I'd recommend IL DirectWave (you can even load it as an effect, to record a channel / in DAWs that support that), but Nuance looks like a good option too.
VST only, need a 64 bit audio unit.
Compyfox wrote:Tried CWItec's TX16Wx yet?
That is a good one thanks. Will have a look.
Last edited by Dúnedain on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dúnedain

EvilDragon wrote:What exactly do you find "bloated"?
I'd define bloated as: Has advanced/added functions that get in the way of basic functionality.
The OP probably means: "Has features I don't need"
Why explain yourself in detail when you can just misuse an existing word? :wink:

today's bloat is tomorrows feature you can't live without.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

How about Nuance from New Sonic Arts? From their description:
Finally, a sampler designed the way you want it. Fast workflow, pristine sound quality - and no bloat.

tx16w2 for the price/features ratio.

Gracefor the workflow ;)

Kontakt v2 or v3?

Or free - shortcircuit. Though unsupported, an excellent one with one-page operation. WYSIWYG. No fancy menus here.

Looks like Grace is VST-only.

Yes, i didn't see any OS/format spec on the original message :P

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”