Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Sampleconstruct wrote:
OutCider wrote:He might be a troll, but he's right about you spamming, though I agree it's not just you doing it, it seems to be the workaround of choice.

"FYI There is now a dedicated Soundware forum for all soundware announcements and discussions (i.e. for patches / presets / soundsets / soundbanks), so please post soundware topics there."
Whenever you consider something as "spamming", just use the red report button and a mod will take care of it if he/she agrees with your perception.
It is highly disrespectful to be knowingly skirting the rules and insisting that 'legal' actions be taken to stop you. People feel shame when they do abusive things. Your personal feelings of shame should stop you from doing what you have been doing. Nobody else should have to step in and force you to stop.

Thank you for chiming in, Lotuzia.

A more general aspect about the "spamming"-topic: Some forum users may think that we sound designers run around with dollar-signs in our eyes, foam dripping from out mouths, greedy to take every opportunity to spam our shit to make few more sales. That is not the case, I am also a musician, composer and sound geek who experiments and looks for new sounds and synthesis methods all the time. The overlap with my business and my passion may make it hard to believe what I am writing, but I can't help that. So with some users you become unpopular over time, many others enjoy the demos and sound examples and the developer of a certain instrument or effect gains a lot of sales, as often the sound examples on a dev's page are stylistically one-directional and don't show the full potential of a given instrument.

Now back to real life spamming.

Sampleconstruct wrote:So with some users you become unpopular over time, many others enjoy the demos and sound examples and the developer of a certain instrument or effect gains a lot of sales, as often the sound examples on a dev's page are stylistically one-directional and don't show the full potential of a given instrument.
The more people who post sound examples in a synth thread the better IMHO. Couldn't agree more that a developer's sound examples sometimes concentrate on their own musical tastes and don't show off all the synth's capablities.

Please, keep them coming Simon et al.

lnikj wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:So with some users you become unpopular over time, many others enjoy the demos and sound examples and the developer of a certain instrument or effect gains a lot of sales, as often the sound examples on a dev's page are stylistically one-directional and don't show the full potential of a given instrument.
The more people who post sound examples in a synth thread the better IMHO. Couldn't agree more that a developer's sound examples sometimes concentrate on their own musical tastes and don't show off all the synth's capablities.

Please, keep them coming Simon et al.
+1.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

TonyVegas wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Greg Houston wrote:....... I for one want to hear what people are doing with Serum, be it commercial or otherwise.
Simple +1.

Out of the numerous soundclips posted about Serum, very few grabbed my ear and interest in a pleasant way, and some of them were made by Simon Stockhausen. I'm certainly a bit limited, but its my opinion that sound and music sometimes speak more than just words in a forum related to musical instruments.fwiw.

I love to hear the sounds too. But posting them as "You can Pre-Order my new presets now" every single day is cold calculating abusive spam.
Well, it is my understanding that :

Every company, dev, SD posting on KVR is on the same boat - when he/she speaks of their own products-. Support user ? Try to increase sales. Give info ? Hope for sales. Present things as what they are -products- ? Sales again. Announce synths 3 months ( sometimes years ) in advance ? Sales.

Then, KVR : some pro people are rejected ( Stockhausen beeing only the last current name in a bigger list), while some are welcomed like Messiah.

Simon Stockhausen simply says( at least thats how I read him, he'll correct me if I'm wrong ) : Hey I think I've made some great presets, listen to them, and buy them if you like them. It seems to me basically honnest. I cant see anything wrong with that, beeing proud of your work, and trying to make people interested in it

Until I see someone adressing ALL professionals in every thread on KVR ( and saying in substance, Hey, we want no more pros here ), and not only certain devs/SDs, while praising others, I'll tend to believe it's for other reasons, like personal ones, like someone getting on someone else nerves. Or maybe that some pros are more subtle than others to present their goods. And well, that's it, its my POV. YMMV.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Greg Houston wrote:I found a better setting for this, amount 25, and output 38. This is off by 0 cents.
Thank you very much Greg. You rock!

I generally view most of TonyVegas posts as spam. Almost everything he posts is negative from what i've seen and so ...

Don't feed the troll

We all have our opinions i guess

:shrug:
:borg:

OutCider wrote:"
Sampleconstruct wrote: Whenever you consider something as "spamming", just use the red report button and a mod will take care of it if he/she agrees with your perception.
"

I have done before once or twice, but as you're still able to get away with it, clearly the moderators won't act, even if you are breaking the dictum above as stated by Ben Kvr.

But highlighting and dismissing the framing portion of your reply, it's not my perception that's questionable, but your interpretation and disregard of the forum rule that keeps you spamming your soundbanks.
That's because many of us have stated on numerous occasions that we welcome demonstrations of what a new plugin is capable of from talented sound designers. If you don't then fine, just ignore it, but don't think you speak for everyone or try and mess things up for those of us that find such posts inspiring.

aMUSEd wrote:That's because many of us have stated on numerous occasions that we welcome demonstrations of what a new plugin is capable of from talented sound designers. If you don't then fine, just ignore it, but don't think you speak for everyone or try and mess things up for those of us that find such posts inspiring.
What the man said!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

V0RT3X wrote:I generally view most of TonyVegas posts as spam. Almost everything he posts is negative from what i've seen and so ...

Don't feed the troll

We all have our opinions i guess

:shrug:
+1

Both these patches are derived from wavetabled bassflute samples which I recorded yesterday, I also tried resynthesizing some bassoon recordings, but that didn't yield the natural sounding results I was hoping for, no matter what import method tried (I'll keep on trying though), but flute, brass, clarinet, strings and whatnot work very well as sources for wavetabling.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... -bassflute

Wow Simon, that's really lovely; the lead is very expressive. Are you using just modwheel and aftertouch for expression (played live), or is there more to it in midi?

- Chris

syncline wrote:Wow Simon, that's really lovely; the lead is very expressive. Are you using just modwheel and aftertouch for expression (played live), or is there more to it in midi?

- Chris
Thank's, Chris - Aftertouch controls wavetable mod and warp mod, as it is a resynthesized a bassflute swell, using aftertouch adds more harmonics/brightness to the tone, even more enhanced by the warp modulation - Modwheel for pitch and amplitude vibrato, the LFO for the vibrato is retriggered, with a slight randomization of mod speed for each note played. Both Chaos-modulators modulate a few things like WT unison offset (I don't have the patch here right now as I'm hanging on the couch), Macro 1 adds the sub osc tuned an octave below, Macro 2 adds some subtle distortion, Macro 3 for reverb and chorus (post reverb to add some modulation to the tail), M4 controls delay mix, Velocity is assigned to numerous things as well and a short envelope (2) modulates detune at the beginning of each note, the lead is running in mono-legato mode, so only when playing non-legato the envelopes are re-triggered. In the demo I first played the impro with Aftertouch, Pitchbender and Modwheel and then added some automation for the Sub-Macro and the Distortion-Macro.

Now I can use this description for the PDF :)

Really nice Simon, you'v got a new expressive and lovely instrument. :tu:

TonyVegas wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
OutCider wrote:He might be a troll, but he's right about you spamming, though I agree it's not just you doing it, it seems to be the workaround of choice.

"FYI There is now a dedicated Soundware forum for all soundware announcements and discussions (i.e. for patches / presets / soundsets / soundbanks), so please post soundware topics there."
Whenever you consider something as "spamming", just use the red report button and a mod will take care of it if he/she agrees with your perception.
It is highly disrespectful to be knowingly skirting the rules and insisting that 'legal' actions be taken to stop you. People feel shame when they do abusive things. Your personal feelings of shame should stop you from doing what you have been doing. Nobody else should have to step in and force you to stop.
I appreciate the cool stuff Sampleconstruct posts here. He often posts videos showing how he achieves sounds. Quite useful and good for the community.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Instruments”