Art Pyrite - new synthesizer by Artvera

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Art Pyrite

Wow, a female plugin maker among all the nerds here :hihi:

I think 60 dollars is a lot to charge for any SE synth, frankly. I am not saying it is not worth it, I just don't know as I have not tried it. All I am saying is that there is a certain SE factor in pricing and buying psychology 8)

Artvera wrote:Well, here a question especially to BBFG and Tricky-Loops :

I received a few questions if I could make a new sound library for Art Pyrite only with sounds of Strings and Choirs. I want to begin to work on this sound library after New Year. If I would add this sound library like a special addition to Pyrite - the price $60 can be more acceptable to you ?
Of course all customers who bought Pyrite already, will receive the download link for it for free. Now I can not decrease the price because it will not be fair to current customers when they bought it already at current price. What do you think about this suggestion ????
As you know, I love the sounds you did for others and Kontakt.
As was just mentioned, the problem at this point is that the synth itself is SE (which currently translates to me as 32 bit only and is a major factor in deciding market value IMO.)

However, if you made these as a Kontakt offering, I would be in your first wave of purchasers.
(Would still like to see your VSTs in 64 bit though).

BBFG# wrote:
Markku wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Has anybody run these on a Linux/Wine system?
Free version at least works fine in Ubuntu 32-bit. As do HG Fortune's synths.
8) It's about time I pulled out my Linux Laptop and added these to it.
Btw, I'm using Reaper in Linux, if that helps.
Artvera wrote:Well, here a question especially to BBFG and Tricky-Loops :

I received a few questions if I could make a new sound library for Art Pyrite only with sounds of Strings and Choirs. I want to begin to work on this sound library after New Year. If I would add this sound library like a special addition to Pyrite - the price $60 can be more acceptable to you ?
Of course all customers who bought Pyrite already, will receive the download link for it for free. Now I can not decrease the price because it will not be fair to current customers when they bought it already at current price. What do you think about this suggestion ????
That would be very generous, but beware, you can't make everyone happy whatever you do. :) Disliking SynthEdit seems to be very common here, maybe they even have good reasons... But I have been trying out Pyrite with some sounds from Absynth and I can't be sure which sound comes from which. Then again I don't have golden ears... :D

I wouldn't pay $60 for a Synthedit synth but not because Synthedit were bad, just because there are many other, better synths and sales everywhere.

There are even a lot of (good) Synthedit synths which were payware, and are free now...

Even the HGFortune synths I wouldn't have bought for the full price, I got The Tiger and Serenity during sales. They're still great, nevertheless. Günter Hagens had great creative ideas, I hope he got a special sound cloud in heaven and is learning Kontakt scripting now to come back with something extraterrestrial...

Tricky-Loops wrote:I wouldn't pay $60 for a Synthedit synth but not because Synthedit were bad, just because there are many other, better synths and sales everywhere.

There are even a lot of (good) Synthedit synths which were payware, and are free now...

Even the HGFortune synths I wouldn't have bought for the full price, I got The Tiger and Serenity during sales. They're still great, nevertheless. Günter Hagens had great creative ideas, I hope he got a special sound cloud in heaven and is learning Kontakt scripting now to come back with something extraterrestrial...
Your words are not very encouraging ... :(
I wrote here that I was not sure if there will be any interest about Pyrite when the market is so much overfull ...
Maybe I should direct my interest to different things and to care not more about any music products already .... :(

BBFG# wrote: However, if you made these as a Kontakt offering, I would be in your first wave of purchasers.
(Would still like to see your VSTs in 64 bit though).
Thank you very much BBFG !

Artvera wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:I wouldn't pay $60 for a Synthedit synth but not because Synthedit were bad, just because there are many other, better synths and sales everywhere.

Your words are not very encouraging ... :(
I wrote here that I was not sure if there will be any interest about Pyrite when the market is so much overfull ...
Maybe I should direct my interest to different things and to care not more about any music products already .... :(
Why did Günter stop developing Synthedit synths many months before he died? Because everyone is making Kontakt libraries at the moment as long as Synthedit is still 32 bit... :shrug:

I am looking forward to demoing Art Pyrite shortly. Based on reviews and interest and patch banks being donated, it has struck a chord. I purchase based on my what my ear hears and what inspiration comes from the instrument not from whether its 32 bit or 64 bit capable. Like the price, very fair and reasonable. Congratulations on your latest release and thank you for the Exposure release. Very nice sounding and evocative patches.

Tricky-Loops wrote:Why did Günter stop developing Synthedit synths many months before he died? Because everyone is making Kontakt libraries at the moment as long as Synthedit is still 32 bit... :shrug:
..and when synth makers learn their lesson and convert everything to 64-bit, the hardware is already 256-bit hypercubes and synths need to be compiled on the surface of the moon. Look, I can understand that someone who can't use 32-bit Windows apps is somewhat unhappy. But you can use it and it does what the tin says, who cares how it's made?

I own all major synths from Native Instruments. I still don't want to use Kontakt. I'd prefer SFZ files before Kontakt.

I'm not baiting for flame war. But if you hate Synthedit stuff, don't use it. No need to crush small developers just because you prefer products by bigger coder teams.

zag4139@comcast.net wrote:I purchase based on my what my ear hears and what inspiration comes from the instrument not from whether its 32 bit or 64 bit capable. Like the price, very fair and reasonable.
+1

I've been playing with the free version for a few days and I really like it. SynthEdit/32-bit is no problem for me as I'm running a 32-bit OS/DAW and I don't see that changing any time soon.
fluffy_little_something wrote:I think 60 dollars is a lot to charge for any SE synth, frankly.
But it's not just the synth, its also for all the sound design that has gone into the Pyrite libraries and presets.

A few thoughts-

I've been a fan of Ms. Kinter's graphics and sound design for a while now, and regret that I don't have the $60 to spend on the full version; I would be sad to see no more offerings. Since I have nothing against SynthEdit/32-bit-only products, it's only a lack of free cash keeping me away- Contralogic's Blarg for $20 was my treat for the season. Pyrite is wonderful to look at and to listen to, and I think the suggestion for an added sound library would make the price very reasonable- because it is a bit specialized toward soundscapes/pads etc., and offering a wider palette to enhance its design strengths makes more sense at this stage, than (for example) the difficulty of adding more filter options, or trying for a more generalized architecture.

I am sure from the gorgeous looks and the lovely sounds that a lot of time and care was placed into Pyrite,
and when I have the money, I will be sure to do my part to keep more Artvera goodness coming (Golden ASET on my shopping list too)!

PS I miss new Artvera music..
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Markku wrote:But if you hate Synthedit stuff, don't use it.
Why should I hate it? I have at least 100 Synthedit synths in my plugin folder, I don't need (to buy) another one... :shrug:

You can read my encouraging words on page 4 of this thread... :wink:

Synthedit got a bad rap, because it was accessible to newbies, and lots of their
efforts, were less than stellar, as to be expected. Everyone starts somewhere.
A lack of major updates added to the public perception.

But many skilled professionals were/are skilled at innovative modular creativity,
and the spectacular sound designs it enables, and created great synthedit instruments and effects. Until 64 bit sounds twice as good as 32 bit, the real test to a professional synthedit creation, is in the quality sound designs, and the available synth controls, both of which abound in Pyrite 8) .

The world is full of expensive 64 bit cpu hog synths, but short of people who bought them,
who actually use them to create music worth hearing twice. :dog:

I'll certainly buy it, but not right now. I bought Golden Aset a couple of months ago and I'm still experimenting with it.
Pyrite is certainly a huge step forward from Golden Aset, and the big knobs and sliders make it much more readable/tweakable.

BBFG# wrote:Has anybody run these on a Linux/Wine system?
Yes, reaper/wine handles the synthedit based creations well,
when the common audio system tweaks are in place.

Synthmaker creations, not so much. Lots of gui lag or freeze, in many cases.
I've also got 'way too many' reaktor ensembles, Razor, and some synths
from some NI bargains/bundles, which work fine using a pre 'win7-only'
reaktor.
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”