Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Other than these hosts:
- FL studio (going vector graphics)
- Ableton
- Podium
- Tracktion

fonts are extremely tiny, borderline ununsable with modern resolutions.

Why are host makers so slow to adapt? Just curious.
Last edited by urlwolf on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder if this is something which is going to be solved at the OS level. Windows 10 is going to be running on so many different pixel densities (latest phones are ~500 ppi) it seems inevitable that this is addressed by MS at some point.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

fonts aren't tiny.. monitors are just fitting more and more pixels into effectively the same area

what's the point in having 2x the number of pixels into the same monitor when your DAW has to then scale its whole GUI x2? it'll look nicer, sure.. but you will not have 2x more space for stuff..
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

...and we are getting older. Hence bifocal time.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I just tried my older version of Photoshop (CS5.5) on my new Surface Pro3 and the fonts appear ridiculously small. Apparently there is the possibility to flag font scaling within the software, but Adobe did not so that's that.
But modern software should and I guess those that don't may fall away
Hang on .... runs off to install reaper on the surface ...... not as bad as photoshop but not as good as apps written for win8 directly

I have the same problems with DAW's and also plugins. Sometimes I use the Windows magnifying glass, but that's not really ideal, either :hihi:

i've just gone back to using my laptop's 15" screen, after wrestling with blurry, non-native resolutions and magnifications with a 23" HD screen. i'm now having a much more pleasant experience :shrug:

trimph1 wrote:...and we are getting older. Hence bifocal time.
sure sounds familiar Barry doesn't it, you know, back when they started making print smaller in books. I'll never know how they managed to do it to every book though, even first editions. But thankfully as soon as I started wearing reading glasses they started making the print bigger. Now I wear bifocals and they are making print even bigger and sharper :tu:

Meanwhile for Denise, well she is at that phase where she says "I wish they would just give me the phone number instead of using letters. Why do they have to make those letters so small?" :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hah!!!!

BTW...there is a program called "Magnifier" that might just work....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

yep I suggested magnifier somewhere on here this morning..
here's the link
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/wind ... =windows-7
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

I have zoom to 123% in LIVE looks great on my Retina Mac Book pro and second 28inch 4K monitor... very crisp
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Forgot to add Tracktion. Vector based too. Added now.

I have a 4K monitor and wish I didnt now! My solution is to have the magnifier turn on via one of the side buttons on my mouse and turned off via the other

I advised my friend to buy 27" monitor with 1920x1080 resolution for his new built PC but he bought 28" with 4k resolution because he said "It's the future". He is not sure now especially when I told him how my eyes are thanking me :D
When I first bought my monitor, I loaded Korg Wavestaion because it is my standard to measure the monitor and I could see all parameters and editing for a long time without any sight problems :)

Digital Performer on Windows. Enough said. :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”