Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Sorry, just using PPG Wave 3.V.

I went into time machine and restored from a few days ago, so presets are back.

Notron User wrote:Sorry, just using PPG Wave 3.V.

Is this from a previous version or from the new Yosemite update? Yesterday i got an email that there could be exactly that problem you reported for the Yosemite update and i was asked if it is the same in Windows which is not the case.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

That's a good question...

Hmmm. I'm assuming the problem popped up on the recent update. As my time machine backup was back a couple weeks ago.

Notron User wrote:That's a good question...

Hmmm. I'm assuming the problem popped up on the recent update. As my time machine backup was back a couple weeks ago.
There already seems to be a fix but not officially published yet.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Largo 1.53 still freeze bitwig when loading it :(
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Synthetic Wav wrote:Largo 1.53 still freeze bitwig when loading it :(
I recently had re-installed my desktop PC which i am using most o f the time now. I am using a bunch of host but for Bitwig i only had the demo so i'll re-instal this for checking.

Are you using Windows or OSX?

At Waldorf Bitwig usually does not seem to be a standard host for testing new bug fixes, except if there are specific reports. Mostly tests are done on Cubase, Live, Studio One, Logic and Pro Tools 11 while in most cases i am also testing on Reaper (i am also using Reaper for testing 32-bit plugins with the built-in bridge).
Usually i am testing at least with Cubase 7.5, Live 9 and Pro Tools 11 (at Windows 7 64-bit) as those cover all Windows plugin formats like VST2, VST3 and AAX. Maybe soon i also get Cubase 8 for testing.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
I recently had re-installed my desktop PC which i am using most o f the time now. I am using a bunch of host but for Bitwig i only had the demo so i'll re-instal this for checking.

At Waldorf Bitwig usually does not seem to be a standard host for testing new bug fixes, except if there are specific reports. Mostly tests are done on Cubase, Live, Studio One, Logic and Pro Tools 11 while in most cases i am also testing on Reaper (i am also using Reaper for testing 32-bit plugins with the built-in bridge).
Usually i am testing at least with Cubase 7.5, Live 9 and Pro Tools 11 (at Windows 7 64-bit) as those cover all Windows plugin formats like VST2, VST3 and AAX.
Hi Ingo

luckily just a few days ago I bought Bitwig Studio so can now test on that too. Perhaps this is a Windows problem? On my Mac I have just loaded Largo 1.53 into Bitwig and so far it is not freezing up. Recorded a track using automation with various presets - so far it's running fine for me.

aMUSEd wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Usually i am testing at least with Cubase 7.5, Live 9 and Pro Tools 11 (at Windows 7 64-bit) as those cover all Windows plugin formats like VST2, VST3 and AAX.
Hi Ingo

luckily just a few days ago I bought Bitwig Studio so can now test on that too. Perhaps this is a Windows problem? On my Mac I have just loaded Largo 1.53 into Bitwig and so far it is not freezing up. Recorded a track using automation with various presets - so far it's running fine for me.
Hi Stephen,

many thanks for your tests and good to know you got Bitwig for tseting now. I installed the latest demo of Bitwig v1.1.2 on Windows 7 64-bit. So far on my Desktop PC the Bitwig demo was not installed after re-installing it.

Just checked the Largo 1.5.3 VST2 plugin in the Bitwig 1.1.2 demo and did not get a crash yet. I did not check the automation there so far.
Above it was mentioned that Largo freezes when loading it and i could not confirm this here. I checked with the latest official version (installer from Friday this week) and a newer one (from yesterday) that fixes a new possible bug in Cubase (it was possible to get a crash of Cubase when opening + closing the GUI while playing automation).
I was also not able to get a crash when i init a patch or a part like mentioned at the previous page.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:

Usually i am testing at least with Cubase 7.5, Live 9 and Pro Tools 11 (at Windows 7 64-bit) as those cover all Windows plugin formats like VST2, VST3 and AAX. Maybe soon i also get Cubase 8 for testing.

Hi Ingo, it crash with 8.1 64 , largo 64 bit. Sometimes it work and then crash as soon i innit or load a preset, I also contacted bitwig support.

Edit: On a new project it seems to work just fine right now, sorry for the hassle it look like it was a bug with a older version of bitwig that is now fixed in the last update but when opening older project it still crash... not a problem as it was crashing almost instanely i haven't used it.

Thanks for the help guys and sorry for your time, i will do more test and report.
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Are there any changelogs for Largo/PPG 3?
Or are these just bugfixes?

Largo works on PC in Mulab 6

Cheers...

Ingonator wrote:
Notron User wrote:Sorry, just using PPG Wave 3.V.

Is this from a previous version or from the new Yosemite update? Yesterday i got an email that there could be exactly that problem you reported for the Yosemite update and i was asked if it is the same in Windows which is not the case.
A new updated OSX version with working presets is available at the Waldorf website now.
Our testers confirmed it seems to be working properly with OSX Yosemite now.

link: http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloadsppg3

For Largo an updated version is available too:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-largo

This fixes a possible crash in Cubase when opnening/closing the GUi while playing a track with automation and a problem with the AAX plugin where in all presets all 4 parts were activated by default.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

A new Soundset for Waldorf Largo was published:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=427830

The Quality Assurance ("QA") Director of Waldorf, Daniel Krawietz (aka "Danny Kravitz"), is involved with both the audio demos and sound design for this soundset.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

After checking the U-He Hive demo version I just played with the new dance/EDM oriented commercial soundset for Waldorf Largo mentioned in the post above and then also checked some of my old free Largo patches that i published here around 5 years ago (or more).
I again realized that for some cool Unison sounds Largo seems to be still a great choice. It got up to 3 Oscs + 2 Sub-Oscs per Layer, up to 6 Unison voices with stereo spread and up to 4 layers which could result in some seriously fat sounds and all that still with a reasonable amount of CPU (at least with the current updates of the plugin). To avoid some maybe unwanted phasing with the Largo unison it is nice to use Osc phase with the "free" setting.

With PPG Wave 3.V i also got some nice results with using samples of an actual "Supersaw" which i did with the latest updates for my free PPG Wave 3.V soundset taht i published at KVR.

While i own a lot of plugins including some newer ones i mostly seem to end up using my Waldorf synths recently (including also the Pulse 2). Besides the fact that i always liked those synths of course this could be also based on the fact that i had to work with those a lot recently during the current updates.

Not to forget that Largo could do a lot more than those Unison sounds (e.g. all kinds of wavetable stuff, simpe FM synthesis and the dual multimode filters including the Comb filters). It looks like while being "distracted" by some newer synths like e.g. DUNE2, Wavemapper 2, Tone2 Electra2, Waves Codex, the new Arturia stuff and others recently i will try to check again what Largo has to offer for me. PPG Wave 3.V was one of my "go to" synths anyway bu i already made a lot of patches for that one (around 280+ patches at the moment). In terms of patches i seemed to use PPG Wave 3.V and Blofeld more than Largo in the past (for both i made a commercial soundset) and maybe it will be the right time´to change this. Of course doing a bunch of new patches could maybe help finding bugs that were not noticed yet...).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

edit
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Does Largo and PPG Wave 3.V still use an eLicenser dongle?

Return to “Instruments”