NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deleted
Last edited by sjm on Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deleted

paterpeter wrote:BTW, I get the "Reaper multiple instance" issue in Studio One, too. Playing audio while having more than one Replika UI open crashes the DAW (or in the case of Studio One shows a never ending stream of error messages).
As an artist, this would be pretty cool if it were a toggle feature and not a bug.

1wob2many wrote:
DeBro wrote:I've been running several instances of Replika in a Sonar X3e project with lots of automation without any issues. My computer is self built with an AMD FX4300 and Asus/nVidia 210 silent graphics card. It's a really wonderful plugin. What's very funny is to see here on KVR where Sonar gets no love and thrown overboard by many, the number of posts stating the problems other host programs are having with Replika. Sonar accepts it with open arms. :hihi:
Sonar X3e 64 bit, Windows 7: I can run several instances but Sonar crashes as soon as I open a second GUI where Replika is receiving audio.

Let's hope the update in the New Year is somewhat less buggy.
I can confirm this. I offer my sincere apologies. I was working with one GUI opened at a time. However, here is a mix I did in Sonar X3e with four instances of Replika.

1. Lead guitar and sporadic snare side stick hits - Diffusion Mode.
2. Piano reggae vamp - Modern Mode with Phaser engaged.
3. Long Dub echoes - Modern mode.
4. Short Dub echoes - Modern mode.

The Dub echoes are at the latter part of the song. Check it out.

https://app.box.com/s/byqep657y6erc6jzhe39
DB

I was just about to write that Replika works fine on my computer (w7x64) but then it crashed Reaper just like it did for many others. Nice plugin though.

VitaminD wrote:What other QT Quick using plugins are there? I wonder if my computer has a problem with them too..
Thats a good question, i was wondering about that myself. Unfortunately this is impossible to tell from the outside, so what you need is either an errormessage (as in the case of Replika), or youd have to take a look at the file itself and see if there are any Qt references in cleartext.

However, Qt have a 'showroom' on their site and as luck would have it there was/is one GFX-heavy audio app there, namely ocenaudio. (Its the tile depicting a screaming orange guy wearing headphones.) Its not a VST plugin itself, but it can host them. I will grab me a copy later this evening and see how it goes. Maybe you could do the same and report back. (Those who are having problems with Replika i mean.)

I get crashes in Live 9.1.6 x64, it seems to be a GUI issue, when closing the plugin.
OSX 10.8.5…. but yeah, sounds AMAZING!! Thanks NI :)

Didn't seem to have any crashing or performance issues with it on Windows 8.1 in Live 9.1.6

Reminds me a lot of the kind of reverbs and delays that Martin Hannett used, which is definitely a good thing!

The Qt framework is a general-purpose C++ toolkit for building applications for a range of platforms including OSX and Windows. Within it there are two main approaches to building user interfaces; the older 'widgets' which use traditonal rendering technologies (such as GDI on Windows) and 'QtQuick' which uses OpenGL. Qt also allows direct drawing using OpenGL so it may not specifically be QtQuick that is the problem here.

I would say that Replika is probably suffering from two sets of problems. Firstly, issues relating to incompatible (or non-existent) implementations of OpenGL in certain graphics cards/drivers. This is caused by the use of OpenGL for rendering the UI. Secondly, issues relating to the use of the Qt framework itself, possibly some conflict within Qt's event handling which appear when more than one instance of the plugin UI is in use.

Desktop applicatons such as Ocenaudio probably use the non-OpenGL rendering so probably won't be prone to the UI issues reported here and as stand-alone applications will not suffer from any framework conflicts caused by a host program.

Still don't works on both OS (XP SP3 and 8.1 Pro), what can I do to resolve???

robojam wrote:Didn't seem to have any crashing or performance issues with it on Windows 8.1 in Live 9.1.6

Reminds me a lot of the kind of reverbs and delays that Martin Hannett used, which is definitely a good thing!
:D

cubanoid wrote:The Qt framework is a general-purpose C++ toolkit for building applications for a range of platforms including OSX and Windows. Within it there are two main approaches to building user interfaces; the older 'widgets' which use traditonal rendering technologies (such as GDI on Windows) and 'QtQuick' which uses OpenGL. Qt also allows direct drawing using OpenGL so it may not specifically be QtQuick that is the problem here.

I would say that Replika is probably suffering from two sets of problems. Firstly, issues relating to incompatible (or non-existent) implementations of OpenGL in certain graphics cards/drivers. This is caused by the use of OpenGL for rendering the UI. Secondly, issues relating to the use of the Qt framework itself, possibly some conflict within Qt's event handling which appear when more than one instance of the plugin UI is in use.

Desktop applicatons such as Ocenaudio probably use the non-OpenGL rendering so probably won't be prone to the UI issues reported here and as stand-alone applications will not suffer from any framework conflicts caused by a host program.
It could be threading issues in case multiple instances actually just start more threads and there are deadlocks somewhere.

Anyway, in this age of more and more OpenGL direct access I would upgrade any old OS and graphics cards just to stay in the game. With Macs you get warnings and non-supported issues if you run old hardware and anything supported is tested so it should work so that's always a little bit easier than in the Windows world where there are so many drivers/cards and versions floating around.

Running win 8.1 x64, SONAR X3 64 bit and using the Intel HD 4000 graphics on the i3770 CPU - it loads multiple GUIs (I tried 3) with audio going through them, but you can't do anything with the GUIs.

so it doesn't crash or anything, but you can't adjust the GUIs until you close them down and just open one.

That's not a show stopper - considering there should be an update at some point.

I realise it's unusable for some - just reporting what's happening here, in case it's of any use.

It's a nice delay plugin though...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

ksandvik wrote:Anyway, in this age of more and more OpenGL direct access I would upgrade any old OS and graphics cards just to stay in the game.
Unfortunately (for those who aren't able to do this) it's very true and there's more of an expectation these days to move forward quickly as technology changes.

ENV1 wrote:
VitaminD wrote:What other QT Quick using plugins are there? I wonder if my computer has a problem with them too..
Thats a good question, i was wondering about that myself. Unfortunately this is impossible to tell from the outside, so what you need is either an errormessage (as in the case of Replika), or youd have to take a look at the file itself and see if there are any Qt references in cleartext.

However, Qt have a 'showroom' on their site and as luck would have it there was/is one GFX-heavy audio app there, namely ocenaudio. (Its the tile depicting a screaming orange guy wearing headphones.) Its not a VST plugin itself, but it can host them. I will grab me a copy later this evening and see how it goes. Maybe you could do the same and report back. (Those who are having problems with Replika i mean.)
I've had Ocenaudio on my machine for about a year. I don't use it very much, but I've never noticed any instability issues with it.

Return to “Effects”