A rise of "Page 22" (post by Jan) rubbish in the Cafe?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:(Nothing against wealthy parents at all but my impression is: if you wanna get famous in the United States the amount of money in your wallet and the wallet of your parents is more important than your - musical - skills!)
This completely explains Lenny Kravitz.

still waiting for a new reb black tune in cafe' :P
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Why is Ozzy always uploading his home demos? synthedit newb :scared:
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Tricky-Loops wrote:What happened with KVR? Did all 13 years old super EDM producers leave the building? :o
apparently not :P
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

SODDI wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:(Nothing against wealthy parents at all but my impression is: if you wanna get famous in the United States the amount of money in your wallet and the wallet of your parents is more important than your - musical - skills!)
This completely explains Lenny Kravitz.
:uhuhuh:

I don't really think this is true. Getting famous in music is pretty much about generating a buzz. You can certainly be poor and yet still be cute enough, and personable enough, and moderately-talented-in-a-predictable-and-sentimental-way enough to get well-known fairly quickly. If you have enough free time and a phone and the patience you can tap into a twitter mob or two and become known around the world much faster than in the past.

This might not get you Madison Square Garden famous, but it can make a start.

The depressing thing is that now that we have the infinity of the internet's musical offerings to choose from, great masses of people really just want to have more of the same stuff that they'd been fed during the 90 odd years when the publishing and distribution of recorded music was in the hands of record companies. (Or at least I find this depressing. I'm sure there are many who feel differently.)

I'm willing to bet that a whole bunch of rich little t...s have made it in the music biz at least in part because of mommy and daddy paying the bills.

If you has $$$$ you can do anything you want.

The rest just don't.

:hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I don't know much. But, I think Ms Black enjoyed every advantage in the world to get that much buzz on something, in no time at all like that. It seems to me you have an advertising budget to work with, and then there's a type of song I could never make; that some evil genius devised, through precise and focused pandering to what Zappa called "Debbie", who determines many things about what goes on in the industry.

I'm not bothered particularly by it, it has nothing to do with me. It takes all sorts to spin a globe. Just sayin'

I'm poor, can't play well, and am very obese.

Is there a chance for lonely women to love me? Maybe I should appeal to household pets. Hey Rover, come on over! :love:
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

hibidy wrote:I'm willing to bet that a whole bunch of rich little t...s have made it in the music biz at least in part because of mommy and daddy paying the bills.
Sure. But there are also numerous counterexamples, i.e. both Kurt Cobain and Isaac Brock were poor all of their lives until they got famous.

Of course, they were both also a lot more talented than whoever that girl was who did that awful 'Friday' song. But I don't think her mom and dad bought her fame at all, anymore than Tay Zonday's did.

I hate celebrity and bought fame as much as the next guy, but the musical public has complex and unpredictable reasons for following and supporting the popular artists they do. I don't think these artists always 'buy' it, nor do I believe for a moment that they always 'earn' it through sheer talent and dedication. The reasons for their fame are irrational, and completely random. The public is inspired by everything from admiration to ignorance, from sexual desire to ironic contempt. And if anyone really understood how the buying public worked, there wouldn't be an 80/20 rule.

jancivil wrote: and then there's a type of song I could never make; that some evil genius devised, through precise and focused pandering to what Zappa called "Debbie", who determines many things about what goes on in the industry.
I forgot about 'Debbie'. That was one of his best rants ever.

I don't know what specifically happened, but I know that Rebecca Black is the daughter of actor Karen Black and this in the equation suggests to me 'well placed in the industry', ie., in order to get a record recorded and the show business know-how to get it properly placed to become a commercial entity. What was Rebecca, 14 at the time? I think she had help. & it's like "Debbie" gets to "make" her own little hit single now.

jancivil wrote:I don't know what specifically happened, but I know that Rebecca Black is the daughter of actor Karen Black and this in the equation suggests to me 'well placed in the industry', ie., in order to get a record recorded and the show business know-how to get it properly placed to become a commercial entity. What was Rebecca, 14 at the time? I think she had help. & it's like "Debbie" gets to "make" her own little hit single now.
Nonsense. Georgina Kelly (now: Georgina Marquez) is her mother, and she works as a well-known veterinary.

"Black's mother, Georgina Kelly, paid Ark Music $4,000 for a song and accompanying video that included a choice of two pre-written songs" (according to an interview)

She's Georgina Marquez now:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dr-georgin ... 3b/31b/382
https://twitter.com/allformykidz

OMG, you're right. I read that somewhere and believed it. :oops:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”