Synth of the year - 2014 (your thought)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm adding Hive to my list...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:I'm adding Hive to my list...

Oh come on! In 2015 we MIGHT be able to determine where it sits. Right now u-He has Bazille which is well formed and awesome if your REALLY want those guys up there. And it is awesome.

MPowerSynth for me. One of the most useable synths in a long time - and that really makes a huge difference. No manual necessary.
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

2014 has been a great year for synths. I've picked up Serum, Codex, Virtual CZ, Kaivo and Bazille which are all excellent, but by far my favourite is GForce Oddity 2, just perfect for me.

SERUM!!!!!!

So there....
hmmmppph.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

thejonsolo wrote:
Robmobius wrote:I'm adding Hive to my list...

Oh come on! In 2015 we MIGHT be able to determine where it sits. Right now u-He has Bazille which is well formed and awesome if your REALLY want those guys up there. And it is awesome.
You're forgetting that I've already named Bazille, Serum, Xils 4, Oddity 2, Nemesis. Now I'm just adding Hive to my list because it's exactly what I was after (or will be).

Oh, and I'm a U-he fan boy too... :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I would have gone with Serum or Bazille like many here but I am rapidly coming round to Oddity 2, even though I haven't bought it (yet?).

Although I hate the GUI, it sounds fat, the filters are great, and the factory patches are unbelievably diverse. Yet it only has a delay in the effects department. No supersaws in sight/hearing either!

I'll amend mine: Bazille and Hive.

Feels odd turning into a u-he fan since I'm just not excited by Zebra or Diva. But Hive made me forget all about Serum.

Serum
Dune 2
Bazille

my favs of the year
Dune 2>Hive for me

foosnark wrote:But Hive made me forget all about Serum.
So first you wanted a Ferrari and then you bought a wheelchair, interesting! :tu:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
So first you wanted a Ferrari and then you bought a wheelchair, interesting! :tu:
Some see it a wheelchair and some see it Porsche ;)

It is really tough, but Dune 2 gets my vote.

VirtualCZ is great too

Although Hive will probably end up being the synth i use the most, my choice would be between Serum and Bazille.

I'm leaning toward Bazille though, partly because of the fractalize knob but mainly because it just inspires all sorts of weird experiments. I've never really been one for hardware but the whole modular thing is something that's always held an appeal. Bazille is a step closer to filling that need.

EnGee wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Not quite sure I see how Serum and Hive can be compared ?

Numanoid wrote:
EnGee wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Not quite sure I see how Serum and Hive can be compared ?
Yep, apples and oranges...

Return to “Instruments”