trance lead

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am struggling to create trance leads and am wondering if anyone can give me any tips on how they go about creating them, where they place notes and structure them mostly. I am looking to create uplifting, melodic leads rather then the old school euphoric trance sound. Id love to know how this melody is created, or even just how some of the notes are placed, as when i do mine they seem too repetitive and chordy if that makes sense :?

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6RvfXesSk/url]

There's nothing extraordinary about the demo you posted, it's more about the layering and the dark art of mid and high basslines being present and blurring the distinction between lead/bass - overall it gives a more complex sound to what is essentially fairly simple parts in this Peter Santos example;

Touch of delay and velocity modulation here and there too.

Some one could post an example of how to create such a lead but is that really teaching you anything?

Go and research and experiment with layering more and more, when you have so many little delicate layers that it's starting to sound messy then start EQ's bits out and in of each one to bring them together more.

Once that is done add some reverb sends and send some of the layers to specific reverbs,

Return to “Production Techniques”