U-He Hive and Dune 2 or Tone2 Gladiator Expanded and Nemesis?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For those in schools or universities, can take 50% extra of Synapse software, so that is a plus:

http://www.synapse-audio.com/educational.html

I'm going to copy u-he here about Dune2. I'm just in a state a amusement about this synth and it is very difficult not to start a project without it.
BUT
After demoing Hive I know, for sure, I will not be able to be without it.

Demo, demo demo and stretch to get both.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Urs has to forgive me, but after a quick experience with Hive, I have to say it doesn't innovate much (if anything). That said, Dune 2 is a great synth, but you will have infinitely more variety with Gladiator and Nemesis coupled. But Dune 2 do not overlap any of those, IMO.

Best option would be Dune 2 and Nemesis, though.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Urs has to forgive me, but after a quick experience with Hive, I have to say it doesn't innovate much (if anything).
You're forgiven. Innovation (feature-wise) wasn't the objectve to develop Hive. To the contrary, the opposite was the case ("how can we get more out of less features").

I wanted to buy Hive, but there was a Paypal problem and the coupon code doesn't work anymore. I just wrote to U-He support.

I would take electra 2 and nemesis with their 2000 Presets and Update Dune. Then i would wait for hive preset contest and buy it at the beginning of next year for 99... And if you like, you can give me your u-he coupon for this great advice, because it's only some days left.

After reading this thread, I bought HIVE. :oops:

As much as I like the Tone2 stuff, I'd say Hive and Dune 2 without hesitation. Just my $0.02!

For me Serum is synth of the year, followed closely by Dune 2. So whatever you get, include Dune 2! ;)

I just bought Hive today. It simply sounds brilliant with very little effort.

I'm also looking at Dune 2 while its on sale. The interface doesn't really grab me, but it has a lot of interesting features, and sound pretty good too. I like the idea of mixing FM, Wavetable, and VA together in one.

I would definitely pick up Hive now, because it will never be on sale ever again. Then go buy Dune 2 as well!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I finally bought Dune 2 upgrade, Hive and Sylenth1 (on sale at 40% off)

Ryan99 wrote:I finally bought Dune 2 upgrade, Hive and Sylenth1 (on sale at 40% off)
Now almost most of your dance music synth needs are pretty much covered :tu:

However that said all those synthesizers are capable of other genres too ;)
Last edited by V0RT3X on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Ryan99 wrote:I wanted to buy Hive, but there was a Paypal problem and the coupon code doesn't work anymore. I just wrote to U-He support.

I had a paypal problem with u-he as well and it was SOOOO frustrating. They were not all that helpful with it either. Pretty much said, too bad.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Gladiator's a great synth, but... I never thought Nemesis sounded that good to me, at least compared to other FM synths like Octopus or Sytrus. If there are two Tone2 synths to have I'd say Gladiator and Electra 2 would be them.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Ryan99 wrote:Hi,
All these synths are on sale until the end of the year. I can upgrade to Dune 2 at 30% off the upgrade price. I have Dune 1 and I like it, and Dune 2 got really good reviews. I tried the beta version of U-He newest synth Hive, and it sounds amazing! With the survey voucher, I can buy it at 75$.

On the other hand, Best Service has it's annual 2 for 1 sale, including on Tone2 synths. I listened to demos and found Gladiator Expanded and Nemesis to sound really really good. It's the only time they are on sale for the year. The reviews are really positive.

Since I don't think I will buy them all, I was thinking of getting U-He Hive and Dune 2 or get the 2 for 1 sale to get Tone2 Gladiator Expanded and Nemesis.

Anyone can share their comments on these synths? Thanks!

hey what is your ug price for dune2? i see $79, is that really the 30% off price?

Return to “Instruments”