VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Win 7 64 bit
Ableton Live 8 (64 & 32 bit)

insta-crash everytime Live scans the plug at startup

quarantined for now : )
spirit wrote:What a botched release. Everyone loves the sound but the plugin is full of bugs. Massive fail.
perhaps they are testing out some new things, if so testing with a freebie is a good way to test.
I can't really call it a massive fail if it is free : ) but yes this is really unusual for NI imo.

Has anyone else had issues with crappy graphics?

The text kind of shimmers/pulses too.

Thanks
rsp
soundbylaura wrote:
zvenx wrote:
soundbylaura wrote:
zvenx wrote:There was i beleive in an earlier page a protools guy on mac who said he had a problem. But mac graphic cards are fewer and easier to test because they are fewer permutations.

Rsp
:cough: Girl :cough:
I am sooooo sorry.....
please accept my apologies. And it isn't even that your name doesn't say you are a woman :-).
But as you are here :-), can you please tell me your specs?
Your case is a bit unusual.
rsp
Pro Tools 11.2.1
MacBook Pro
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
sound sculptist

if you go on the ni forums it tells you how to fix the graphic bug..ive been using it for a day or so now and not experienced any issues with it.after chatting on the forums a lot of people with macs are the ones complaining about faults and crashes native have noted this and are working on a fix.im using it in
Cubase 7.52
intel dual core 3.2ghz
4gb ram

I know its a old computer but ive had no issues with this ..but I am having problems with the new maschine 2.2 update ive contacted native and they said I need a new computer maschine 2.2 doesn't work properly on anything less than i5 minimum so I need to buy new computer after xmas :(

I'm just downloading Replika now and haven't read all 18 pages of this topic yet. Forgive me if this was already mentioned, but the email they sent with the download link includes the following:
Please use this serial number to activate the software with the so-called "Service Center" application, which will be automatically installed and can be started when you run the product for the first time.
:lol:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

lolz.

But you should be aware that there are many many of us that have had crashing issues. It's NASTY when studio one crashes (requires a full reboot here)

I've been running several instances of Replika in a Sonar X3e project with lots of automation without any issues. My computer is self built with an AMD FX4300 and Asus/nVidia 210 silent graphics card. It's a really wonderful plugin. What's very funny is to see here on KVR where Sonar gets no love and thrown overboard by many, the number of posts stating the problems other host programs are having with Replika. Sonar accepts it with open arms. :hihi:
DB

Ableton Live 9 standard (X64) on OSX 10.9.5 works just fine for me.

I'll try to use different instances on different tracks though, as I only used it so far on one track with a few instances at once.
:borg:

It's about 70-30 if I'd take a guess though at who is and who isn't having issues? Maybe 60-40 but seems that the majority have had some issues.

DeBro wrote:I've been running several instances of Replika in a Sonar X3e project with lots of automation without any issues. My computer is self built with an AMD FX4300 and Asus/nVidia 210 silent graphics card. It's a really wonderful plugin. What's very funny is to see here on KVR where Sonar gets no love and thrown overboard by many, the number of posts stating the problems other host programs are having with Replika. Sonar accepts it with open arms. :hihi:
I'ma take the bait........

The problem I had was that in order to receive updates, you had to pay. But new things were introduced. So the cycle goes forever forward.

Consider this: Where cake lost a bunch of people was X2. I had supported 8.5, X1 and though I wasn't head over heals in love with those, they mostly worked. X2 didn't. AND they didn't fix it. So guess what? In order to get those problems fixed......UPGRADE.

I'm sure X3 is fine. Hell, they supported that release. But I'm bitter about how poorly they handled the X2 fiasco. So, I made a decision......that's it with cake no matter how good they've gotten.

So before you make comments about how terrible people talk about sonar, maybe consider that some have been ripped off and don't really want to say anything nice about them ;)

Does NI update their stuff requently?

hibidy wrote:lolz.

But you should be aware that there are many many of us that have had crashing issues. It's NASTY when studio one crashes (requires a full reboot here)
use bitwig..then only the plugin crashes not the host. Despite replika is working fine in bitwig ;)

Suloo wrote:
hibidy wrote:lolz.

use bitwig..then only the plugin crashes not the host. Despite replika is working fine in bitwig ;)
That is correct sir! :)

chk071 wrote:Does NI update their stuff requently?
Well.....I'd say that they are one of the better ones overall (this coming from over a decade of using stuff)

But, it's the holidays. I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Alright, thanks. Well, nothing world breaking for me, i've only witnessed the virtual midi keyboard lag thing when the GUI is opened. On the other hand, there's also something weird with the virtual midi keyboard, when i open the stock eq in Cubase Elements 7 (stuck notes then), so i'm not sure if it's not a Cubase related problem.

Return to “Effects”