Figure update....f@#$!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, they seem to have added some sort of online sharing/storage account thing and now I no longer have access to my figure files within iTunes. WTF!?! :x :x :x

The only silver lining is that some of the wording in the update suggested that they may be making it possible to open figure files directly in REASON, which I've wanted since day one, so I'll wait to see how this plays out before I totally abandon these whirly-bird bastards.

***from my later post***
now, if you want access to your .figure files, you need to sign up for their community and you have to agree to granting everyone on the platform non-exclusive license to your files. So, even if you just want to be able to share your figure files with another device, or with a buddy, you have to give up the rights to them.
Last edited by asnor on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asnor wrote:So, they seem to have added some sort of online sharing/storage account thing and now I no longer have access to my figure files within iTunes. WTF!?! :x :x :x

The only silver lining is that some of the wording in the update suggested that they may be making it possible to open figure files directly in REASON, which I've wanted since day one, so I'll wait to see how this plays out before I totally abandon these whirly-bird bastards.
Where did you see this wording?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

I think I was reading into things. I thought I read that you could share your figure files with REASON users, so just making assumptions I guess. Nothing in the manual mentions even sharing with Reason users, as far as I can see, so whatever.

thats the way i read the wording too until I seemed to find no such thing. They probably just meant a way to share online with other reason users in a big online sharing thing. Cause adding reason export to figure would be too cool :(

hmmm...now, if you want access to your .figure files, you need to sign up for their community and you have to agree to granting everyone on the platform non-exclusive license to your files. So, even if you just want to be able to share your figure files with another device, or with a buddy, you have to give up the rights to them.

Scwew that-- Deleted.

This update has me so frustrated and saddened. I was so excited last month when I discovered that I could export my song files to DropBox and then import directly to another device from DropBox, or share them with another musician. No that's gone.

I can't even find ACP, which additionally renders the app completely useless to me. It's once again just a toy.

So frustrating.

It's still there. Save your song. Now click on Browse in the System tab. Under your song there will be a toolbar, an icon button on left and Delete on right. Click the icon. You'll have Itunes, Soundcloud and Audiocopy options.

Thanks afd. Good to know.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”