Now Hive is here, is it RIP Sylenth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Sylenth1

mutantdog wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Difference. Only difference.

I don't get the R. I. P. Sylenth stuff. :shrug:
i'm now waiting for R.I.P named synth :wink:
Now Hive is here, is it RIP This Plugin?
:tantrum: :bang: :evil:

Nothing can RIP This Plugin!!!! :x :x

:hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

mutantdog wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Difference. Only difference.

I don't get the R. I. P. Sylenth stuff. :shrug:
i'm now waiting for R.I.P named synth :wink:
Now Hive is here, is it RIP This Plugin?
Now that RP Raw is here, is it R.I.P. Hive, Sylenth1, Dune2, and Spire? Why can't they all just get along? :cry:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Tss...forget about RP Raw and Hive. Compared to that new synth that's coming out, they're doomed I tell you! DOOMED! ;)

-Sam

If you say so Sam

Numanoid wrote:If you say so Sam
I think he is being humorous..
Barry

After weeks of careful comparison, I can tell you that the results are enormous.

If you say so, I believe you

Numanoid wrote:If you say so, I believe you
You should always believe in results :lol:

mhog wrote:Sylenth1 is the Virus of the plugins
Ah, when did Sylenth get wavetables & granular?

and pulse width modulation _D

Sylenth1's problem is more due to it still being 32-bit on MAC. Can't use it in Logic X or 64-bit DAWS without getting 32-lives.

It's too good at what it does to be passed over simply because it's old IMO. It will be interesting to see what happens when S2 comes. If or when it does.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

You can compare Sylenth and Hive? Sure. The U-He team attempted to create a synth for a particular kind of music where Sylenth is most often used. It is a classic. Asking why, they developed software to meet that particular musical need. Hive isn't Sylenth by any means. If you prefer the one or the other, good!

As for me, I bought Hive and think its great, even unfinished.
:love:

And U-He isn't Lennar Digital. :phones:
바보

Sylenth1 is like never taking out the christmas tree, sooner or later trance will come back in fashion :hihi: :clown:

Tarnce pwns ur sylenth!!!!!
Barry

BBFG# wrote:
KBSoundSmith wrote:I love the work Urs and everyone at u-he does...but just because u-he puts out a new product doesn't mean that all other products on the market are now obsolete and unusable. Let's not get drunk on u-he kool-aid.

... but between Zebra and Diva, I think my u-he synth roster is already a bit saturated.
Zebra2HZ does enough for me. Even Diva seems a little bit of overkill for my needs. I still like it though and doubt if I would recycle it just because of that. Bazille is something I had planned on passing on but then decided on it for educational more than sonic reasons. I consider Hive because of the integrity of the company and present deal (as was a factor in buying Bazille). However, on hearing it quickly becoming pigeonholed into the Sylenth category of another supersaw erectile dysfunction machine, I may completely pass on it just as I have Sylenth.
I totally get where you are coming from. I was still considering Bazille purely because of the way it forces you to think and accomplish things, but it just didn't seem enough to me to pull the trigger. For me, Diva has a sound character and an immediacy that Zebra doesn't have (actually, I'm using the HZ too), so I find it really useful, plus I really enjoy analogue synths, so Diva just makes a lot of sense. Diva has the "get your hands dirty now" feel for me, Zebra is the more reflective "think through what you want" synth.

lol at EDM = erectile dysfunction machine

Return to “Instruments”