Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

PatchAdamz wrote:sonic delicious dessert
:phones:

audiosabre wrote:Can somebody explain to me how to use the mod wheel to control 1 octave of course pitch?

I've tried setting the course pitch to 12, and different values for the mod amount. Also used both course pitch and mast.tun as mod destinations, but I'm not getting an octave. It's either more or less, and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong :oops:

I can do it with the pitch bend range, but wanted it as a mod wheel special effect, whilst retaining a normal pitch bend range (2 semi). A preset will do, if that's easier for you. Thanks.

(using 1.03 b4)
The reason 12 doesn't work is because Amount is a percentage of the entire range rather than 1:1 values.

Try this:

Source: Mod Wheel
Amount: 19
Destination: Course Pitch or Master Tune.
Type: unipolar -->
Output: 50

This will be off by about 4 cents when the mod wheel is all the way up.

This synth really needs post filter and post effects chain volume knobs, since I can't get the sub oscillator loud enough when using direct out on some of my patches.

Last edited by Greg Houston on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by Greg Houston on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackflag wrote:This synth really needs post filter and post effects chain volume knobs, I can't get the sub oscillator loud enough when using direct out on some of my patches.
Not disagreeing though there is a newish hidden feature that can help in some use cases. On the filter, click on the MIX label and it turns to LEVEL. Granted you can no longer adjust the mix amount, and I think it may not be working properly with any of the flange filters. Not entirely sure if what is happening with them is intended or not.

triple post

oops! I actually requested that feature a while back, had no idea they already added it...thanks Greg.

Greg Houston wrote:
audiosabre wrote:Can somebody explain to me how to use the mod wheel to control 1 octave of course pitch?

I've tried setting the course pitch to 12, and different values for the mod amount. Also used both course pitch and mast.tun as mod destinations, but I'm not getting an octave. It's either more or less, and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong :oops:

I can do it with the pitch bend range, but wanted it as a mod wheel special effect, whilst retaining a normal pitch bend range (2 semi). A preset will do, if that's easier for you. Thanks.

(using 1.03 b4)
The reason 12 doesn't work is because Amount is a percentage of the entire range rather than 1:1 values.

Try this:

Source: Mod Wheel
Amount: 19
Destination: Course Pitch or Master Tune.
Type: unipolar -->
Output: 50

This will be off by about 4 cents when the mod wheel is all the way up.
I found a better setting for this, amount 25, and output 38. This is off by 0 cents.

That is probably my favorite Serum pad so far; a lot of subtle elements balanced just so. I'm curious how much of that if any is a noise sample.

I mentioned earlier I wasn't sure if the level toggle was working properly with the flange filters. They are indeed working as intended. With the level toggle on the flanges are set to 50% mix rather than 100% since 50% mix is their "typical use".

Greg Houston wrote:
That is probably my favorite Serum pad so far; a lot of subtle elements balanced just so. I'm curious how much of that if any is a noise sample.
The bone is oscillator A with multifilter mod, Wavetable and warp mod, the sample adds some ethereal background and fades in and out in the demo using a Macro.
And thanks :wink:

Whoever needs/wants/desires/craves for/hates/denies some fresh Serum patches, my next set Tabula Rasa is up for pre-orders now.

Some Serum ceramics in the evening, using the Noise Osc as a modulation source quite a bit in this patch:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... a-rasa-for

Return to “Instruments”