Midi controllers not being recognized by studio one?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have an impulse 49 and for as long as I've had it it's worked relatively well with studio one. Once you set up automap (not the plugins) it's been mostly fine. But lately, the next time I launch my computer, it's not recognized.

I was wondering if this is something anyone else has run into. I do seem to remember some people having issues with this in the past.
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think this is caused when push is on. I turned it off and it stared working (I mostly work with live or dabble with bitwig these days)

I'll keep it open in case someone has something to add :)

I find Studio One is terrible at recognising midi devices, for me it keeps needing me to reset my midi devices on startup pretty regularly. There is something screwy about its scanning process because the devices are clearly functioning fine in other hosts and I can select them manually from the midi device dropdown in S1 prefs and yet it's telling me at the same time that it can't detect them.

Le sigh..........

I thought I had it solved.......I do not :( Now, even with push off it the controls don't work (but the keyboard does :roll: )

Someone suggested through a pm that a powered hub might be a good idea. Maybe, but it works fine in live and bitwig.

Running S1 trial 1.6( 2-3 yrs ago) I never got a usb midi interface to work properly - it recognized it but never got any data over it.

And once starting S1 I had to reboot computer to get that interface work with any other daw.
Other daws never did that to this interface.

The one built in RME interface midi port worked though.

So they seem to have issues with midi, especially usb.

If using a controller that has midi out as well, I would try that if having another midi port free.

The thing is I've had S1 for years, and this is the first time I've run into this specific problem (that I remember) :(

This is at the point of absurdity. I wish I knew for certain what it was so I could make the appropriate changes. But there is no reason I can come up with why studio one is having such issues. Then again, I have a ton of issues with studio one lately......seems like every time I update it gets worse :?

:bang:

If I open live, then close it, studio ones controls with the impulse are fine. If I open BITWIG and then try to open studio one, no go :x

The key seems to be "controllers are in ableton/live mode" which they say something else when it's going to work :?

This is not likely a powered usb thing, is it?

Part of the reason I gave up and sold Studio One unfortunately.

Studio One 2 has always been very erratic about whether it will recognise my Impulse (or another midi keyboard). That was among the top 3-4 issues which led me to abandon it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

But I could abandon them all if that is the case :lol:

Hosts......easily the most wicked part of the chain :evil:

Workaround workaround workaround.......but it does get in the way of just ever getting anything done :(

lingyai wrote:Studio One 2 has always been very erratic about whether it will recognise my Impulse (or another midi keyboard). That was among the top 3-4 issues which led me to abandon it.
Me too - like controllers are not recorded unless having midi monitor on. Something you notice if using external equipment - and just arm for recording nothing more. Just notes recorded - all controllers gone.

And setting this up - always with a recognized output port also configured properly allowing a set of controllers.

It's really struggling all the way in S1 - at least for me.

They overcomplicated things regarding midi. Never used a daw so particular about midi.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”