New space music electronica "Lost in space" ; feedback wanted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today I made a new ambient electronica called "Lost in space".

https://soundcloud.com/musikus/lost-in-space

I would be happy about your comment. :-)
Last edited by Gucky on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bump for your feedback. :-)

I uploaded a new version of the song.
Last edited by Gucky on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just uploaded the final version of the song.
I added 16 bars and some new fx.

Here it is:

I would be happy about your feedback. :-)
Last edited by Gucky on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bump! :-)

I apologize for not having much to say in terms of feedback other than to note that I enjoyed this. The quiet, understated percussion and flowing atmospheric material reminded me of the Orb in some (good) ways.

Nice. The title is a tad unoriginal but it sums it up. I appreciate that the percussion is supposed to be in the background, but I could have done with some long but sutble reverb on the snare, at least every other hit or something. It was a tad too dry for me given the context. I like the ding. Wasn't so keen on the computer voice, a bit "90's cheezy" unless that's what you were going for. It was a tad distracting for me.

I liked the ending, because things were changing, there was some kind of transition, even if it was a transition to the ending - perhaps there could have been more transitions mid-piece; things coming and going. I feel there's more potential here.

Excellent use of ambient sound and the bed of the track.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I enjoyed the vibe. Had a "film score" quality albeit with a steady rhythm.

Interesting comments about the choice of keeping percussion in the background. I did a backing track for a friend's video and purposely kept the percussion on the "less than cracking" side on purpose. Only negative comment was from another producer, that the percussion was too soft. I'm used to a lot of really up front percussion even in more ambient style tracks (listen to a lot of crossover bass/dnb/ambient like synchro) - it's modern and awesome but doesn't always fit if you're going for a more organic/retro vibe. Or something....

In any case - good work.

Many thanks for all your feedbacks. :-)

Today I worked again on the track and I made now an extended version.
It has now more improvisations in the middle to make it more interesting.
I added also an new soft drum groove.

Here is the the extended version:

I would be glad about your feedbacks. :-)

Hi Gucky, I also write what might be called "ambient electronica", although for me perhaps more close to "space music".

I really liked the intro. Sounded like a movie soundtrack there for a while. plenty of interesting sounds, seemed like it was starting to tell a story. But then around 2:27 a classic keyboard sound comes in. For me it sort of lost its emotion and storyline and sounded more like a jam from that point. But the first part: loved it!

Hi spirit,
many thanks for your feedback. :-)
You are right, the song is not real ambient music.
When I started to make the song I had the idea that it would be an ambient song.
But at the end I finished it as a space music song.
I think it is a kind of crossover between ambient and space music.

I liked it very much.
The bass drone I couldn`t deal with. I would have used the bass drone instead as an instrument.
You had lots of room to compose with that bass, and still keep it ambient. Many sustained bass notes could have worked well in this I believe.
Really nice work otherwise.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Hi annode,
many thanks for your tip with the bass. :-)
You are right, so I added now a bass sequence starting at 3.30.
Hope you like it.

I would be happy about your feedback.

annode wrote:I liked it very much.
The bass drone I couldn`t deal with. I would have used the bass drone instead as an instrument.
You had lots of room to compose with that bass, and still keep it ambient. Many sustained bass notes could have worked well in this I believe.
Really nice work otherwise.
Gucky replies;
Hi annode,
many thanks for your tip with the bass. :-)
You are right, so I added now a bass sequence starting at 3.30.
Hope you like it.
Hi Gucky.
What I wrote didn`t translate well into your native tongue, which i`m guessing is German...? My fault. I didn`t know how to exactly express my thought.
It matters not, I was just sounding my personal impression.
I`m impressed you actually do make changes when listeners give their own take on it...that`s very rare and very commendable. Most people ask for comments but ignore recommendations.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Hi annode,
I think that the music cafe of kvraudio is very good to make my own music better.
When I am working on a new track I uploaded it for the kvraudio members.
And I get many helpful tips. That is great! :-)
I realize not all tips but when I think that it makes my song better then I do it.
For that reason:
Dear kvraudio members many thanks for all your kind feedbacks and a happy new year!

Return to “Music Cafe”