Other hosts that are modular like Tracktion?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:context-free
Context free? Give me a break!!! :lol:

You really crack me up today - the same phrase appeared in two consecutive lines in the post of mine you quoted - both lines even almost align and you tell me you didn't spot this? :-o
If true, you really gotta work on your reading comprehension skills, I'd say. Don't blame me for your deficiencies! ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

b.t.w.: it's funny that whenever someone doesn't fall for your trolling, you end up playing the "utterly naive but ultimately good-hearted village-idiot" card... :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:You really crack me up today - the same phrase appeared in two consecutive lines in the post of mine you quoted - both lines even almost align and you tell me you didn't spot this? :-o
I have no interest in reading anything he posts, so, actually, no.
If true, you really gotta work on your reading comprehension skills, I'd say.
Why? 'Reading comprehension' refers to one's ability to comprehend what one has read. Its not actually related to what one does or doesn't read in the first place.
Don't blame me for your deficiencies! ;-)
Im pretty sure I only blame you for yours, but feel free to correct me.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

jens wrote:b.t.w.: it's funny that whenever someone doesn't fall for your trolling, you end up playing the "utterly naive but ultimately good-hearted village-idiot" card... :lol:
That's nice.

whyterabbyt wrote:
jens wrote:You really crack me up today - the same phrase appeared in two consecutive lines in the post of mine you quoted - both lines even almost align and you tell me you didn't spot this? :-o
I have no interest in reading anything he posts, so, actually, no.
Point taken and fair enough - I think I know why.. :lol:
If true, you really gotta work on your reading comprehension skills, I'd say.
Why? 'Reading comprehension' refers to one's ability to comprehend what one has read. Its not actually related to what one does or doesn't read in the first place.
Come on! If you quote someone who quotes someone, you really gotta read the original quote, by whom it may ever be - otherwise there's a good chance you miss a world of context.
Don't blame me for your deficiencies! ;-)
Im pretty sure I only blame you for yours, but feel free to correct me.
See above.

whyterabbyt wrote:
jens wrote:b.t.w.: it's funny that whenever someone doesn't fall for your trolling, you end up playing the "utterly naive but ultimately good-hearted village-idiot" card... :lol:
That's nice.
If you genuinely missed the original context of my alleged seer post, I hereby whole-heartedly apologize!

jens wrote:Come on! If you quote someone who quotes someone, you really gotta read the original quote, by whom it may ever be - otherwise there's a good chance you miss a world of context.
Yes, indeed. I did.

Then please accept my apologies for having called you a troll! I really assumed you ignored it on purpose. Peace!

Fair enough.

jens, a serious question. you said earlier that you dont see any advantages of cable-style modularity, and said that Reaper 'beats the hell out of other modular hosts'. What is it about whatever system Reaper has (Im not too familiar with how this would be done on Reaper, I know there's the matrix, and track routing) has that makes it better for you? Im much more comfortable with cable-style environments myself, and Im unsure what advantages a non-cable environment could have.
Routing flexibility wouldnt intrinsically be any less capable, but unless Im missing something, surely the ease of setup and the ability to directly see the routing (especially with feedback loops, as you mentioned) is far more immediate with cables? Is there an equivalent/alternate overview of one's routing etc?

No, overview-wise I agree - I like the cables too - I think the matrix-es don't offer nearly as much immediacy in this regard...

Reaper offers up to 64 channels per item and up to 64 channels per track. Each of the track's channel can be routed to any other tracks' channel(s) and any of these receiving track-channels can the be routed anywhere again, including tracks where it causes feedback (if enabled for the project in the project-settings). Am I mistaken in assuming Reaper is still the only host offering true feedback-routing? You still can't create feedback in a rack-filter, or can you?

In addition, using FIPM (free item positioning mode), a Reaper track can contain any number of items at the same time in the timeline - and using PIP (project in project) any item can contain a complete other project (if you double-click a PIP-item, it explodes to a new project tab). Of course all the settings for each PIP project can be completely independent from the others (as PIP-items contain/access normal project-files). PIP is disabled by default, as it has eternal (apparently) beta-status, but works pretty much flawlessly if you keep it within reasonable limits.

And then I did not even mention the modulation system yet. :shock:

I guess the silence is due to everyone having fun with PIP in Reaper... ? :D

Nope, just enjoying the "Jens & Whyterabbyt" show. You guys should do a podcast :hihi:
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:Nope, just enjoying the "Jens & Whyterabbyt" show. You guys should do a podcast :hihi:
I can't see it ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”