Kontakt - Trigger more zones with one key

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now try to save an instrument instead of exporting a group.

EvilDragon wrote:Now try to save an instrument instead of exporting a group.
It is the same. Once saved the instrument and the project, if I move the new instrument path and I reopen the project, it can't load because doesn't find the new path (i.e. it changes the path of the current instrument, which is not what I'm doing).

Second, I don't want to export "all patch samples", just a specific one (what if I have 100 groups with 40samples each? It's a pain if I just want to export a kick/marker from a drumloop from a zone of a group).

That's natural - if you move what you've just exported AFTER you saved the project, it will look for samples at the old location and you will have to find missing samples. So, the solution is saving patch+samples to the exact location where you want them to be, close the current instrument, load what you've just saved out, and THEN save the project. At least I hope that will work for ya. Otherwise, I've no idea what you're trying to achieve.

EvilDragon wrote:That's natural - if you move what you've just exported AFTER you saved the project, it will look for samples at the old location and you will have to find missing samples. So, the solution is saving patch+samples to the exact location where you want them to be, and THEN save the project. At least I hope that will work for ya. Otherwise, I've no idea what you're trying to achieve.
But I tell Kontakt to "export contents", not "export and change current paths to the exported contents". Why I should need this?

That's all than natural behaviour...

EvilDragon wrote:Otherwise, I've no idea what you're trying to achieve.
I'm working on an Instruments, and I hear some good samples inside a Drumloop of a Library.
So I want both to save the current instruments, and export those samples elsewhere, which I'll open in other Editors and manage as I want.

But the current instruments must be not related to the exported samples (it is just another copy of samples where I want, not a specific new location for that instrument).

The problem is that once I choose to export Kontakt contents (to manage later as I want, it is not a Kontakt matter), than I save the Kontakt patches (because of following edits after the export), it will reference to that exported path for the next operations. (so once moved or edited the export contents, on the instrument the samples are changed).

Try 'Options', the page 'Load/Import' and untick 'Write absolute paths instead of relative paths'.

jancivil wrote:Try 'Options', the page 'Load/Import' and untick 'Write absolute paths instead of relative paths'.
Its the same. Once I choose to export the patch+samples, save the actual project on my DAW and then move the exported folder's path, once I reload the project, Kontakt can't reload with its (original) path references.

It changes the actual samples path to that new path (why?!?!?).

I can't deal with exporting path, which (for me) should be just a parallel task, that does not interfere with actual instrument/workflow. It's a common task I always do in other samples/software.

Why are you moving exported folder's path after you save the project?

EvilDragon wrote:Why are you moving exported folder's path after you save the project?
Moving is just an example :)

Let suppose I'm working on an instrument in Kontakt. At some point, I got some good sample on it, that I want to process tomorrow on another computer, where I have another DAW and it's own tool (FL Studio, Edison, Slicex, and so on).

I want to export it, move to that computer and work on it.
This is not related to how Kontakt with deal on that samples. The original source its the library, so it must continue to refers to it. Why changes on new location? It's an "export", not a "replacing".

Or another example: I like that samples in the Library. I export some of them, and later I open them on SoundForge and I apply some nice effect, re-saving it. Once I return on Kontakt, it will load different sounds, because of the editing.

Make no sense :)

Makes every sense. If you're exporting as patch+samples, and then do some edits on those samples in an external editor, that patch will load those edited samples because the exported patch IS referring to the exported samples!

EvilDragon wrote:Makes every sense. If you're exporting as patch+samples, and then do some edits on those samples in an external editor, that patch will load those edited samples because the exported patch IS referring to the exported samples!
We just have a different ideas of what "export" means so :)

Well, so the question could change in "is there a way in Kontakt to "copy" elsewhere samples loaded into the current instruments's group/zone?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”