Studio One 2.6.4

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I'm using studio one and i use also external divice korg electribe ER-1.
i patch them in this way
from the midi out fireface 800 go to midi in at the korg.
and in the settings of korg i change the clock to external.
when i hit play in studio one the korg also start to plsy but in fast speed and its not sync.

Anyone can help with that?

Regards

Nir

You have to check that midi clock is sent i device settings for your korg port.

See setting up external hardware instruments page 25 i manual.

Thanks for the answer.
well in page 25 is see Transform Automation
im looking at the pdf manual
http://www.presonus.com/uploads/studioo ... dum_EN.pdf

That's just the addendum to the manual. Access the full manual from Studio One help.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

yeah i did it and still when i play in studio one the korg also play but in crazy mode its not sync to the track..
is there anything that i need to change on the midi section in the options?

I'm not all clear what you want to do.

a) use Electribe's sequencer together with S1 as sequencer.
That will be a treat.
You have to match the song patterns and tempo on both platforms.

If you've got 16 bars in 100 bpm, and then shift to 120 somewhere for 4 bars - both need to be done like this.

Midi clock is always 24 ticks each quarter note - and that is different timing depending on tempo set.

b) just use S1 as sequencer and run the notes to Electribe.
Then only S1 have everything to play.

But if you have programmed a lot of stuff in Electribe I guess a) is what you want.

b) just use S1 as sequencer and run the notes to Electribe.
Then only S1 have everything to play.

thats what i do.
but the electribe goin crazy when i hit play on the S1
i can film it on the video and u can see it
tell me if u want.

Ok, good choice if I may say so.

Then turn off receiving clock and other sequencer stuff(start,stop,continue etc) in Electribe.
And midi clock need not be sent out from S1 either.

You just want to use Electribe as midi module.

nirt83 wrote:Hello

I'm using studio one and i use also external divice korg electribe ER-1.
i patch them in this way
from the midi out fireface 800 go to midi in at the korg.
and in the settings of korg i change the clock to external.
when i hit play in studio one the korg also start to plsy but in fast speed and its not sync.

Anyone can help with that?

Regards

Nir
Studio One's MIDI clock is broken. It's been reported to Presonus, but they still haven't fixed it.
I've posted about this before, but it seems like you and I are the only S1 users that have noticed this.

I'll quote myself from an older thread...
Andywanders wrote:
SODDI wrote:
Andywanders wrote:My Yamaha Motif arpeggiator (and other tempo based parameters such as LFOs etc) sync fine with Studio One, just like your Virus. The problem rears its ugly head when trying to sync a sequencer which needs accurate song position info.
Does that include software sequencers like Thesys, to your knowledge?
Yes unfortunately it does.

If you start Studio One from the beginning of the song, no problem. However, if you start the song from anywhere else (halfway through a measure - beat 3 of bar 1 for example), Thesys STILL starts from the beginning and continues playing out-of-sync with the rest of the song.

Using a synth's arpeggiator isn't a problem because the start of the arpeggio is triggered by a note-on event and doesn't need any MIDI song position information info. As long as the initial note-on is quantised, the arpeggio will be in sync. But sequencers... Forget it.

It's even worse with hardware sequencers because Studio One sends a "MIDI Clock Continue" message when you hit Stop and the hardware keeps on running till the end of the sequence, or until you hit Stop on the hardware.

Like I said earlier, you can check all this with Studio One's built-in MIDI Monitor.

I find this behaviour doubly strange considering the S1 programmers (or at least some of them) used to work for Steinberg. Cubase behaves perfectly with other sequencers - start, stop and continue messages are all sent correctly. I guess this reflects the fact that Cubase started life as a MIDI only sequencer all those years ago and still has some of that code in its genes. Obviously the S1 devs lost those "genes" when they left Steinberg.

Having said all that, it is what it is, and as pointed out in other posts in this thread; we need to choose the appropriate DAW for our way of working. I know for example that If I want to compose with VSTs and audio, Studio One will do the job just fine. But If I want to work on a piece which I started on my Motif, I need to fire up Cubase. At least I have that choice.

Though I still live in the hope that one of these days Presonus will fix this.
That was almost two years ago... :(

wow
ok first thanks for the answer
thats one of the thing that i tought to go back to cubase...

Well i tought maybe to buy external clock sync the question is it fix this problem?

If I understood you right - S1 is the sequencer.
The clock is not needed for your external sequencer at all - it will play the notes when they arrive from S1. So forget about midi clock - if I got this right.

It was some decades ago I had an external sequencer, so I forgot how it works.
My guess is that you disable song mode or something, and it will not respond to sequencer commands like start/stop/continue.

As I remember while creating patterns, song is not active. When all patterns were done, you created a song referring to those patterns.

Sequencer most often were patterns combined into a song - but staying is pattern mode or similar you can probably get it just to respond to notes from S1.

Check out manual for Electribe maybe.

How many channels are you using?
Ive had the same thing with Ableton and Machinedrum.
I deactivated un needed midi channels pointing to the midi out that the Machinedrum was using and that sorted it.
It seemed as though the midi clock was accumulating.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

lfm
I will check with disable the song pattern and see
thanks for it

VariKusBrainz
what u mean channels? Midi ? Audio? both?
its also do the sync problem with my vermona drm-1 MK3 and this machine dont have built in sequencer, so i sequence it from the channel midi in S1 and still its not got sync with the other chanells in S1...

nirt83 wrote:Well i tought maybe to buy external clock sync the question is it fix this problem?
And Presonus should pay you for it.

:wink:

LoL for sure..
but i dont know if its work perfect with out source clock.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”