Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9 released - Special Offer till June 27

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Introductory price of $9.99/£6.30

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9 was released yesterday. If you order the software during the next 9 days you can get it for only $9.99 instead of $39.95 (1 year)! The special offer is only valid until June 27, 2014 and is reserved for new customers only. You also need to install the software within 2 months from date of purchase!

Product Page:
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/ant ... d=10618896

Download:
http://download.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAn ... p_10618896

This is an AntiVirus and AntiMalware in one. Its detection rates are amongst the best around. It is a very thorough scanner and is also excellent at cleaning infections. I can testify that it has picked up stuff that ALL my other AV/AM has missed, and it cleaned those infections thoroughly before they could do anything nasty. Stuff like disabling the Task Manager and the Registry Editor. It excels at checking your Registry for anything untoward.

It has:
A real time file checker - AntiVirus/AntiMalware.
Malicious website protection to keep you safe from dodgy sites.
Behaviour Blocker for 0 day threats that aren't in the AV/AM database.

If you want proof of how good the detection rates are with this, go to the product page I linked to above and follow the link to sites such as AV Comparitives or others.

Other claimed benefits :

You receive personal assistence in emergency situations. (I haven't had need to use this)

It comes with a malware removal guarantee: 100% protection. (It has removed and cleaned every single thing it has found so far for me)

System Requirements:
Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 - with the latest service pack installed. From Vista onwards all features are fully functional on x64 systems too. While running, Emsisoft Anti-Malware uses about 200 MB of your RAM which is quite low considering the 10 million signatures that it must load. If your PC has at least 1 GB of RAM, this will be perfect.

It is also very compatible. It can run alongside practically any other AV program.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with this company at all, but I do get a few extra months added on to my License for every person that buys a full copy from the links above.

If they included a firewall (and wouldn't sell it separately), I'd buy it... :shrug:

Tricky-Loops wrote:If they included a firewall (and wouldn't sell it separately), I'd buy it... :shrug:

To be fair to them, Online Armor is one of the best firewalls around. And they do a bundle: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/int ... uritypack/

with both the AM and FW included. It's less than 30 Euros I believe.

This is premium protection, and the guys have to eat at some point too.

codec_spurt wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:If they included a firewall (and wouldn't sell it separately), I'd buy it... :shrug:

To be fair to them, Online Armor is one of the best firewalls around. And they do a bundle: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/int ... uritypack/

49.95 EUR, that's too much, I have to eat something, too... :shrug:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:

49.95 EUR, that's too much, I have to eat something, too... :shrug:
Entschuldigung. I got my conversions the wrong way round. Still, I think you will find that is 39 Euros and NOT 49 Euros. I can't believe they are charging people in Europe 10 Euros more than the UK. Check again to see.

Still, in regard to the Anti-Malware itself - Website protection, Behaviour Blocker and one of the best scanners in the biz for 5 Euros? Plenty of free third party Firewalls. Comodo is free and compatible.

codec_spurt wrote:I can't believe they are charging people in Europe 10 Euros more than the UK.
Well, they do... The price is 49.95 EUR, in the UK it's 31.50 GBP which is around 39 EUR...

Tricky-Loops wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:I can't believe they are charging people in Europe 10 Euros more than the UK.
Well, they do... The price is 49.95 EUR, in the UK it's 31.50 GBP which is around 39 EUR...

The dirty rotten bastards! That's the Austrians for you!

Tell me, why are the Austrians the cleverest people in the world?...

eh eh.

It's usually the other way around, with us getting gouged compared to dollars and euros.

I'd buy Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus if I was just looking for one solution. It has a firewall included too, plus anti-keylogging and phishing, website protection etc. etc. I found a 3 license package on eBay for less than 10 Euros. But it's not much more expensive elsewhere. See my Zemana thread just below, I talk about it in some depth. I'll change the name of that thread when the Zemana offer ends in a few hours time.

Oh, I forgot to add, you don't need to buy this software at all, if you just use it as an on demand scanner, which is what I do.

So, I get no benefit at all even if my license is extended by someone buying it, because the way I use it - the free version does everything I want.

The core module still loads at startup which will allows you to use the right click Scan With Emsisoft etc..

It uses very little memory - just a couple of MB, so that isn't an issue either.

If you have a main AV in real time, as I do, I just use it for second opinion scanning if I dl a file I may be unsure of from the net. And then maybe every week or two, do a full system scan with it. You can scan just objects in current memory and do a quick scan, or do that and windows folder, or do everything with a deep scan. Pretty versatile.

Whatever it finds it will clean for you, for FREE!

Up to the date AV protection with some of the best detection rates going. And it is very good at fixing stuff without a fuss, if you do find anything nasty.

It's quite light on resources and intelligent with how it goes about allocating them.

Even if you don't end up buying it, you can keep it as a free and up to date second opinion on demand scanner, for as long as you like - no time limit at all!

http://download.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAn ... p_10618896

I only bought a copy because it is so cheap at the moment, and because I will probably put it on a friend's machine that I am fixing up for them. The great thing with the license is, say, if I came to your house to use your computer for the weekend, I just install the program with my legit serial, it automatically disables any other computer with it on, and I can use if for how long I like. I don't even need to uninstall it, coz when I get back to my house, I re-install it in a matter of seconds and it is restored and the other disabled. That's nifty. And you can do that as many times and as often as you like for the length of your license.

In fact, I think I will buy another copy, install that within two months (you have to do this to avoid people 'hoarding' licenses) and then give that away to someone else when the need arises. There are a few people around now who have got new computers what with xp dying off, so I'm sure one of them could use it. They can give me a fiver for it.

Remember, I am not affiliated with this company at all, and any benefit I may get from having my license extended is meaningless, as I effectively just use the free version myself.

Well, it's been fun. The feedback has been overwhelming.

Let me work out the statistics.

Something like a hundred people or so clicked on this link.
One of them, installed the software! Just as a trial, mind you.

I got 30 days extra of AV protection, that I don't use anyway.

That's pretty good going.

I'm not a big fan of metrics. I block them all anyway. But this has been an eye opener. I suppose it would be better if I didn't waste my time in the future telling you about the best AV software, as no one cares, trusts me or gives a shit.

It's good.

I had kind of built up this profile before.

The fact that so many of you are using the OS that you are, without certain problems, tells me, you are wide open, riding bare back and throwing caution to the wind. If I was a virus writer, I would target you. But you are a too small demographic to bother with. So you get away with it.

But most interesting of all, is the total lack of interest you take in AntiVirus software. Ok. AV is weak, but still..

Hardly surprising. This is an audio forum after all. At least now there can be no pretensions. People that run audio rigs don't care about security!

Scare headline!

I'm joking.

Bad joke.

I know.

I'll let you know about the next latest super deal, and you can ignore that.

Seriously, Emsisoft for a bit more than a fiver, for a year. The best AV there is practically.

Son, I am disappoint.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi guys,

just wanted to share that I found the new AntiMalware special offer below:

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9 Special Offer only 10.99euros:
http://www.emsisoft.com.cy/product/emsi ... ial-offer/ (http://www.emsisoft.com.cy/product/emsisoft-anti-malware-9-0-1-year-1-pc-special-offer/)

Emsisoft Internet Security 9 only 14.99euros:
http://www.emsisoft.com.cy/product/emsi ... ial-offer/ (http://www.emsisoft.com.cy/product/emsisoft-internet-security-pack-9-0-1-year-1-pc-special-offer/)

enjoy!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”